Glandular fever.

bellamys dodgy knee said:
I had this about 7 years ago and its a horrible illness..

You will get people telling you that the glands in your neck swell which is rubbish..

What it does do is attack all the glands in your body from top to bottom, so she will gets aches and pains everywhere..
She will get flu type syptoms ( shivers and shakes ) headaches,sickness, loss of appitite, the full works..

With me it gradually got worse after 3 weeks and in the mornings i could hardly walk because of the aches in my legs..

I could not face any proper food, all i ate was sweet stuff like puddings and cakes.. ( i lived on cheesecake for about 4 weeks )

She will probabily be off work for a minimum of 4 or 5 weeks probabily longer..

If all that wasnt enough, the recovery is the most important part because if you rush yourself back to work it can develop into Chronic Fatique Syndrome ..
( words from my GP )

Even now 7 years on i still suffer from the effects of it..

She will feel really poorly ay times mate so look after her, try and get her to drink fruit juice and eat. If she wont eat they is not much you can do as you just cant face food so try sweet stuff.

All the best..
If all that wasnt enough, the recovery is the most important part because if you rush yourself back to work it can develop into Chronic Fatique Syndrome ..
( words from my GP )

I developed Chronic Fatigue from Glandular Fever. I was out of it for 3/4 months, and also had a scare with pneumonia at the same time. Not very pleasant but you have to be philosophical about it, as I was at the time. Shit happens and all that. At least it's not cancer.

But if your bird wants some advice, tell her to come round mine and we'll chat. Tell her to wear her uniform.

nashark said:

You will get people telling you that the glands in your neck swell which is rubbish..

What it does do is attack all the glands in your body from top to bottom, so she will gets aches and pains everywhere..
She will get flu type syptoms ( shivers and shakes ) headaches,sickness, loss of appitite, the full works..

With me it gradually got worse after 3 weeks and in the mornings i could hardly walk because of the aches in my legs..

I could not face any proper food, all i ate was sweet stuff like puddings and cakes.. ( i lived on cheesecake for about 4 weeks )

( words from my GP )

She will feel really poorly ay times mate so look after her, try and get her to drink fruit juice and eat. If she wont eat they is not much you can do as you just cant face food so try sweet stuff.

All the best..
( words from my GP )

I developed Chronic Fatigue from Glandular Fever. I was out of it for 3/4 months, and also had a scare with pneumonia at the same time. Not very pleasant but you have to be philosophical about it, as I was at the time. Shit happens and all that. At least it's not cancer.

But if your bird wants some advice, tell her to come round mine and we'll chat. Tell her to wear her uniform.
It wouldn't be a complete Nashark post without some wit in there, now would it? ;)

A tip I can give you is try and drink at least 2 to 3 litres a day! People don't understand that drinking plenty off fluids will effectively make your body system work better!

nashark said:

( words from my GP )

All the best..
( words from my GP )

Very loosely speaking it is. The latest research points to CFS (or M.E) being a mutated form of field mice leukemia.

Glad to be of help mate..

It wont be an illness that will go away in a couple of weeks so she will just have to be patient get plenty of rest and try and drink and eat..

I was off work for about 6 weeks in total but it was 3 weeks before i found out what it was as my doctor said it was just a bug at first. ( i tried to work through it,bad move)

Isn't it known as 'Kissing disease?'

How far away does she live from you? If she lives more than 10 miles away from you then she has almost certainly caught it off some other guy. Very common amongst Scottish males aged 16-25 apparently. Maybe it was a Scottish lad.

117 M34 said:

How far away does she live from you? If she lives more than 10 miles away from you then she has almost certainly caught it off some other guy. Very common amongst Scottish males aged 16-25 apparently. Maybe it was a Scottish lad.
I did think this, but she's been at three gigs recently, and has most likely shared a bottle of water with someone, so it could be anything.

Stay away from her for about a month haha, once you've got it, it's an absolute nightmare to get rid of.

Geordie mate of ours came down with that while on holiday with us in States in January.....only just now gotten over it....twunt of a bug....

MCFC BOB said:
117 M34 said:

I did think this, but she's been at three gigs recently, and has most likely shared a bottle of water with someone, so it could be anything.

What a load of rubbish....

Dont listen, he is trying to wind you up..

It is known a kissing disease as you can catch it that way but you can also catch it many others too, just like the flu virus..

If you came home with flu, it would not mean you have caught it snogging some munter would it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.