Glass Tunnel now taking shape

This is a bit OTT in my opinion. The handling of the whole relocation aspect has been a disgrace, but the tunnel club has hardly been kept a secret. As @Eccles Blue says, there are brochures available from City and there's a very detailed VR tour based on this video (which was widely publicised in the press in December).

I'm not sure what else you want or expect at the moment. It's just a glorified indoor bar and restaurant being built underneath the stand, so there probably isn't much to show at this stage. It'll just be a building site that looks like any other bar/restaurant under construction, and the last thing they'll want to do is underwhelm potential customers given the insane prices they're charging for it.

Spot on... how interesting are a load of photos of a half finished bar going to be?

Another top-secret City development that the owner, the people running the club, and the club itself don't want to share with the fans and the World.

No picture updates via the OS and social media. Just like the CFA, etc.

No doubt as usual everything is in lockdown. All contractors have been told no picture's allowed, etc. Anyone taking picture's and posting them on social media will be removed from the premises and sacked. Don't bother looking at the OS for updates

The club is owned and run by people who are petrified of sharing anything positive and exciting that is going on inside or outside they club. They are consumed with secrecy and keeping everything in-house.

Yet all over Manchester city centre property developers are proposing and building wonderful proposals and developments and sharing them with the people of Manchester and the World via social media.

Welcome to another example of the secret world of Manchester City Football Club.

Hardly secrative, there are brouchures, web links and we all know it's going on.

The only shifty thing from the club was the handling of the relocations which were a complete balls up and the turnstile choice reductions causing queues (along with the security checks).

Pointless comparing it to town developments as many have been approved by manchester planning with no consultation period unlike nevilles shite plan which did have and is now scrapped while they rethink, because people opposed it.

City are secretive on some things, but the glass tunnel ain't one of them in my opinion.

Last edited:
All the info is in the letter, says they will ring you to help you relocate and your season ticket price will freeze for 2 seasons

A lot of things are kept guarded these days. It reminds me of the film industry where scripts and filming is highly protected until it finally sees the light of day. The owners may not want us to see it until its finished in all its grandeur!

Is everyone in 125 affected? My parents sit in that block, but not spoken to them to see if they've had the letter. It's pretty shoddy the way some fans are being treated by the club.

Do they get to relocate to 93:20 Ric?

Two of my mates who sit in 125 have both said 'fuck em then' they're not renewing so two more to add to the ever growing list question is are city even bothered?

I get the impression that it's not just on the pitch where a "changing of the guard" is underway unfortunately.

I've never seen that documentary before, it was really good

the days of manchester city when standing on the kippax the sounds the smells are remember more than the football

but what a **** swales was he had his hands on the team would never let the manager have full control and the phone on the chairmans viewing point says it all we was a mess spent big money on to many gambles and not all the signings was by the managers but swales had a hand in most

but i love the club from the first time i step on the kippax and love going back to watch that video its everything we was

Another top-secret City development that the owner, the people running the club, and the club itself don't want to share with the fans and the World.

No picture updates via the OS and social media. Just like the CFA, etc.

No doubt as usual everything is in lockdown. All contractors have been told no picture's allowed, etc. Anyone taking picture's and posting them on social media will be removed from the premises and sacked. Don't bother looking at the OS for updates

The club is owned and run by people who are petrified of sharing anything positive and exciting that is going on inside or outside they club. They are consumed with secrecy and keeping everything in-house.

Yet all over Manchester city centre property developers are proposing and building wonderful proposals and developments and sharing them with the people of Manchester and the World via social media.

Welcome to another example of the secret world of Manchester City Football Club.

they dont need to regularly post updates on what they are doing tbf. besides the vast majority of city will never get to sit in these seats or benefit from them. disagree on the second point, the vast number of developments in manchester imo look awful, they all look exactly the same ( glass towers) or they are unaffordable flats, that most people wont ever be able to afford.

the response to the tunnel from what I've seen is overwhelmingly negative. barely any city fans and barely anyone on here or online think the glass tunnel is a good idea. pricing out fans/ removing fans, its not right. when pep turns around to the crowd next year, hes going to see a half empty block with people sat there who aren't city fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.