Glastonbury 2024

From the bumph, I only recognize 3 names, Lauper (Gotta be pushing 70) Twain? 60 and Avril Lavigne, who is probably 40, I wonder if she'll sing skaterboy?

I’d see both of those.

Ocean Colour Scene headline something in Liverpool this summer. Cast support.
Is it the waterfront festival? I went last year when Red Rum Club, The Coral and James were playing. Forecast was ok but it absolutely pissed it down for about 20 mins and wasn’t very warm afterwards. No shelter at all and so everyone was shivering when James were on. It’s not the best setting to be honest.

Is it the waterfront festival? I went last year when Red Rum Club, The Coral and James were playing. Forecast was ok but it absolutely pissed it down for about 20 mins and wasn’t very warm afterwards. No shelter at all and so everyone was shivering when James were on. It’s not the best setting to be honest.
Something like that.

I saw a photo of Simon Fowler the other day. He’s aged!

Fucking Coldplay lulz
Their material, I can take or leave (mainly leave), but they were brilliant when they headlined a few years ago. Never seen them live in the flesh, but apparently they're a top notch live act. A lot of the rest of them, I've never heard of. Maybe I need to get out more. I'll speak to my parole officer about the curfew and this bloody ankle tag wotsit.

Their material, I can take or leave (mainly leave), but they were brilliant when they headlined a few years ago. Never seen them live in the flesh, but apparently they're a top notch live act. A lot of the rest of them, I've never heard of. Maybe I need to get out more. I'll speak to my parole officer about the curfew and this bloody ankle tag wotsit.
Its just that their songs are so fucking insipid zzzzzzzzzzzz

Its just that their songs are so fucking insipid zzzzzzzzzzzz
If you read my post, you'll see I did make reference to that. But putting on a band who are (like it or not) hugely popular, and have the stagecraft to handle a crowd of that size, makes sense. The more radical music fans would want someone more edgy, someone not as well known, to headline the main stage on the final night. Which is fine. That's not going to happen though, is it?

Line up may be better, but Isle of Wight festival is shite.
Better for a bunch of FOCs, maybe.

Prodigy, Pet Shop Boys, Green Day.
The Streets, Keane, Simple Minds
Crowded House, Blossoms, McFly
The Darkness, Natalie Imbruglia, Beverley Knight
The Pretenders, Suede, Johnny Marr, Feeder, Scouting For Girls.

It sounds like a great lineup for the early 2000s, I'll give them that. But be honest, when was the last time you listened to any new music from any of those?

For me, I reckon it was Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy, which seems like it came out a few years ago, but was actually 15 years ago now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.