Glastonbury

DonnyCityLove said:
How was Jamie T anyone?

Ruddy bloody good.

I've got his last album but wouldn't say I was a huge fan. Didn't fancy any of the other headliners so wandered over to the John Peel stage. Really got the crowd going. Even at the back where I was, everyone was jumping.

Immaculate Pasta - as long as you ring up the day they go on sale you should be ok to get tickets. In fact ticket sales have been a bit slower the last two years. As long as you're organised you should be able to get one.

foolsgold* said:
Had the absolute time of my life.. best 5 days of the year so far..

Anyone else go? or watch any parts on TV.

I thought the biggest disappointment was gorillaz.. so far from what I was expecting.
Gorillaz aren't a band you can dance to when live. They have a slow, melancholy sound that doesn't particularily go easy on the ears.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm --<br /><br />
beanie the horse said:
True_Blue69 said:
First time for me and the best place I've ever been. Forget the stages and the line up, you could go there for 5 days not see a band and have the time of your life. Shangri la is probably the most fucked up place I've ever been, some of the stuff going on round there is crazy. As for anyone that thinks it's full of 'too cool for school' types (anyone that uses that saying is one of the said types) needs to get themselves down to shangri la at half 6 in the morning and then see if you have changed your mind. Feel rough as hell now but worth it, definitely going next year.

-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm --

suppose you need to be there to make a proper judgment. I don't like Muse but thought they were good but I quite like Gorrilaz and thought they were terrible, completely killed it. Wrong booking for a headline slot on the main stage, everyone was walking off after 2 songs, didn't hear one person all weekend say they were good.

I guess that some of the Gorillaz songs don't have the energy for a live audience. In my experience of festivals some bands can come across well live but sound crap on TV and vice versa.
This, this and more this.
I love Gorillaz and think they're amazing, but others will find them dull.

MCFC BOB said:
foolsgold* said:

I thought the biggest disappointment was gorillaz.. so far from what I was expecting.
Gorillaz aren't a band you can dance to when live. They have a slow, melancholy sound that doesn't particularily go easy on the ears.

-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm --

beanie the horse said:
I guess that some of the Gorillaz songs don't have the energy for a live audience. In my experience of festivals some bands can come across well live but sound crap on TV and vice versa.

the reason I found gorillaz disappointing is because i DO love them and they just weren't as good live as I would expect.

It seemed like a show just put together an hour before they came out and it was too stop startey and stuff.. I have to say that damon albarns voice is just amazing. but I was really let down. it's not that i dont like them.

foolsgold* said:
MCFC BOB said:
Gorillaz aren't a band you can dance to when live. They have a slow, melancholy sound that doesn't particularily go easy on the ears.

the reason I found gorillaz disappointing is because i DO love them and they just weren't as good live as I would expect.

It seemed like a show just put together an hour before they came out and it was too stop startey and stuff.. I have to say that damon albarns voice is just amazing. but I was really let down. it's not that i dont like them.
Ah, okay.

Damon is wonderful, but there's a lot of stuff going on around them. A lot of musicians to organise etc; so things are bound to go wrong.

MCFC BOB said:
foolsgold* said:

beanie the horse said:

As much as Crystal Castles? Kids With Guns is class, D.A.R.E. is a classic of course, and Melancholy Hill off the new album is a stand out track. What are your faves?

beanie the horse said:
MCFC BOB said:

As much as Crystal Castles? Kids With Guns is class, D.A.R.E. is a classic of course, and Melancholy Hill off the new album is a stand out track. What are your faves?
Not as much as Crystal Castles.

My favourite Gorillaz songs are:
Stylo
White Flag
On Melcancholy Hill
Superfast Jellyfish
Clint Eastwood
5/4
Tomorrow Comes Today
El Manana
Feel Good Inc.
DARE
19/2000
Rhinestone Eyes

MCFC BOB said:
beanie the horse said:
Not as much as Crystal Castles.

My favourite Gorillaz songs are:
Stylo
White Flag
On Melcancholy Hill
Superfast Jellyfish
Clint Eastwood
5/4
Tomorrow Comes Today
El Manana
Feel Good Inc.
DARE
19/2000
Rhinestone Eyes

Yep. They're pretty much the best ones!

Only caught Muse and thought they were quite rubbish, gonna watch a few more highlights when I get back from my hols.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.