Gleghorn sacked??

Ban-jani

Someone called "Etihad insider" on Twitter says he was sacked yesterday.

Yes I know it's Twatter but has anyone heard anything?

Read his tweets, it's Ged Coyne at it again IMO. His tweets are always a fascinating read even though he'd prefer we still train semi-competent athletes more than footballers with his old pals in charge.

Won't have been sacked. Good guy ex player with good knowledge and so many people work at that part of the club now there's no way he would be isolated as part of a cull. More people with far less credentials work there as I've seen and it's a worry if he has been added to the growing list of recruitments that quickly lose their job. It doesn't say much about the original judgement when the stats are building up now that men are being chosen quickly sacked and presumably "paid off" in no time at all. Can't see it but very sad if an ex player has been treated in this way. From my knowledge and certainly from the interview on OS that the junior teams are starting to do well again so on the back of the winning good news article which has replaced "winning is not important" I personally find this claim initially disturbing but even harder to believe and I'm gonna commit to saying No Chance! Good coaches and ex players are the heartbeat off all good youth set ups.

bluwes said:
Seeing further rumours on Twitter that he was on a six month probation and it hasn't worked so they are letting him go.

A pity, but fair enough if true.

If one side or the other aren't happy with the situation, bring in someone who is right for the job.

Personally I'd prefer more Spanish & Dutch coaches brought in to work amongst the Brits we have already. 'Home' coaches have produced next to fuck all in decades when you consider how many players pass through each club & how big football is in this country.

They are on average, proven failures.

No idea who this "Etihad Insider" is, but that's half the problem. Throwing accusations out about people whilst hiding behind a Twitter "egg" and a nondescript name is a twats trick. Some of what he's saying may carry some weight, but I'm inclined to view his opinions as those of a cowardly bastard with an axe to grind and an agenda to fulfill based on the way he's going about this.

His opinions of many, if not all, of us "members" on Bluemoon isn't too complimentary either, apparently Bluemoon is "full of idiots who don't know the game" and "full of brain-damaged football supporters", unlike the genius that is Etihad Insider, although of course we'll have to take his word for that as he's a shithouse hiding his real identity.

Matty said:
No idea who this "Etihad Insider" is, but that's half the problem. Throwing accusations out about people whilst hiding behind a Twitter "egg" and a nondescript name is a twats trick. Some of what he's saying may carry some weight, but I'm inclined to view his opinions as those of a cowardly bastard with an axe to grind and an agenda to fulfill based on the way he's going about this.

His opinions of many, if not all, of us "members" on Bluemoon isn't too complimentary either, apparently Bluemoon is "full of idiots who don't know the game" and "full of brain-damaged football supporters", unlike the genius that is Etihad Insider, although of course we'll have to take his word for that as he's a shithouse hiding his real identity.
As someone said, it's probably former groundsman Ged Coyne. He went to Oldham, who I believe sacked him. Seems to have an account (or possibly more than one) on Twitter slagging off Oldham.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Matty said:

As someone said, it's probably former groundsman Ged Coyne. He went to Oldham, who I believe sacked him. Seems to have an account (or possibly more than one) on Twitter slagging off Oldham.
Ah, so when he says he "works in the game" what he means is "I grow grass". Excellent, well done mate, does that mean the bloke who manufactures the nets that we attach to the goalposts is a "football professional" too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.