Global obesity 1 billion

All these fast food apps..KFC for breakfast McDonald's for dinner and domino's for tea..and they wonder why they are skint. Buy a tin of sardines ya twats

We need a weight based Logan’s run. Your BMI hits 30 (obesity level) and it’s bye bye tubby. We can use their flab to feed the world
Problem is BMI as a measurement is BS and doesn't take in to account muscle which weighs way more than fat.

I exercise regularly, eat moderately, drink plenty of water, am constantly physical, have a mesomorph shape body and according to BMI i'm "overweight".

Problem is BMI as a measurement is BS and doesn't take in to account muscle which weighs way more than fat.

I exercise regularly, eat moderately, drink plenty of water, am constantly physical, have a mesomorph shape body and according to BMI i'm "overweight".
Is there a better simple measurement tool for obesity though? What about a combination of BMI and waist size? Would that possibly be more accurate?

In truth, this is a crisis of irresponsible spending and pricing and a lack of knowledge or determination to be self sufficient, plus plain greed. We're the convenience generation, why cook a meal when you can get a pack of jelly babies and a rustlers microwaveable burger for couple of quid? So much choice, so many places you can waddle to and get crap. Brain not required, just spend, eat, repeat.

I remember seeing a mother on the news not so long ago bemoaning that the price of pizza has gone up and she can't afford to buy enough pizzas to feed her family any more. Waving around a fiver as it wasn't enough to have tea with and would probably break out in a rash is she wandered down the fresh veg aisle by mistake.

Healthy eating can go hand in hand with reducing food spend. But people have to want to do it, and that's where education comes in. Treats are fine, but they are just that. Treats. Birthdays, nights out with friends, not every day just because it's easy.

It seems boring and tasteless to go without, but once you get on it, your mindset changes. It's fuel. Why would you pay to fill your car up with crap, and then keep pumping even when the tank was full? Within two weeks most people can retrain their body away from junk cravings.

Oh and I agree completely, BMI is misleading at best and potentially very damaging to individuals already worried about their body. It's a basic calculation but not one that actually reflects reality in some cases. Last time I got down to the weight at the lower end of my normal band according to BMI, my mum bust into tears thinking I was ill.

To be fair, you're answering that like it was a serious suggestion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.