Global Warming

1584ie0.jpg

In my job as the mad inventor I have researched the data more than once and it's my opinion that we have no effect on global warming at all, in this belief I am not alone......

daveduke67 said:
Who was responsible for the Ice Age?

Natural fluctuations over thousands of years in the Earth's rotation/tilt/orbit, atmospheric make up of carbon dioxide/methane, aerosols from meteor impacts and blocking of sunlight, changes in output from the Sun, etc.

Damocles said:
daveduke67 said:

Natural fluctuations over thousands of years in the Earth's rotation/tilt/orbit, atmospheric make up of carbon dioxide/methane, aerosols from meteor impacts and blocking of sunlight, changes in output from the Sun, etc.
A simple "We are unsure to be exact" would have sufficed.

I'm off I promise.

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
Can someone change the title thread to:

"You're all mental and wrong and your grandchildren will drown/starve/burn"

The idea that man doesn't have an effect on the world's climate is absolutely mental.

Would you like me to describe this INCREDIBLY basic, GCSE level science to you?

C'mon Damo. You of all should know that life is shades of grey rather than black and white.

The earths climate has been changing for millions of years and you can't blame the last 200 years of humanity for climate change.

Methane is far more powerful as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide and in a few billion years the sun will swallow the earth anyway.

Damocles said:
Gelsons Dad said:
It may say independent on the front cover but there are many who would argue it wasn't.

Another one, I don't understand what your main point is here. Do you agree with these as facts?

The amount of CO2 is rising.
CO2 absorbs infrared light.

CO2 absorbs infrared radiation, not infrared light. Just thought I'd mention it as everyone else seems to be getting picky.

SWP's back said:
Ah right I see, you're talking solely about the "mental" part which is amusing as I was going to come up with the title "You're all wrong and you granchildren....." and I suppose you would have then been happy and not tried to be patronising.

Super, anyway, enjoy your argument, I'm off to walk the dog then eat. (not the dog, I'm not far eastern)
I was hoping he wasn't serious about the grandchildren part.

Damocles said:
daveduke67 said:

Ya beat me to it :)

SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
daveduke67 said:

A simple "We are unsure to be exact" would have sufficed.

I'm off I promise.

It's not a case on unsure, it's a case of numerous different forcings affecting numerous different Ice Ages. If you would like to name a more specific Ice Age then I can try and name a more specific forcing?

Don't personally believe in it. Just another pile of bullshite made up by business as a way of swindling more money from governments. Utter shite the lot of it, and it's also not uncommon that when you don't agree with it advocates just shout you down and call you ignorant.

To be honest, the telly is shite and that's why I've posted in here, as normally I can't be arsed with this type of thread as people just get abusive - and from some of the posts above I can see that this one is no different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.