Global Warming

malg said:
Unfortunately, as there is so, so, so much money in this climate change stuff you will absolutely never convince me that 'outside' influences have nothing whatsoever to do with it. Where there's money, you can be damn sure you'll find corruption. I read far too much Private Eye! And the more people try to convince by saying 'trust the scientists' the more sceptical I get.

So you think that it's a worldwide conspiracy crossing cultural, religious and racial boundaries, into tens of different scientific disciplines and thousands of scientists and data gatherers?

Seems legit to me. Is it ran by the Illuminati by any chance?

I agree with the bloke above - it won't affect me so I probably don't give a shite. I'm more concerned about getting a job, or City winning another trophy next season, or Silva signing a new contract.

That's a nice attitude. I presume you have no children?

I think that the majority of papers are written by scientists, funded by people or organisations with agendas or something to gain.

Environmentalists and governments go virtually hand in hand these days with parties desperate to gain the so called green vote and green taxes suit both down to the ground.

BulgarianPride said:
Come on now, post the long term data. I'd like to see it compared to the current data we've got and see if there are any sampling variations.

and also post the driving factor for the previous climate changes.

Why's it always me who has to do your research for you? You're arguing against the scientific consensus, Google it your bloody self!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm --<br /><br />
blueinsa said:
I think that the majority of papers are written by scientists, funded by people or organisations with agendas or something to gain.

Environmentalists and governments go virtually hand in hand these days with parties desperate to gain the so called green vote and green taxes suit both down to the ground.

You don't seem to understand how papers get published.

Damocles said:
BulgarianPride said:
Come on now, post the long term data. I'd like to see it compared to the current data we've got and see if there are any sampling variations.

Why's it always me who has to do your research for you? You're arguing against the scientific consensus, Google it your bloody self!

I am not arguing against any consensus.

Seems you are emotionally involved in this topic, and you are clearly not thinking straight, otherwise you would agree with me
:)

BulgarianPride said:
Damocles said:
BulgarianPride said:

Why's it always me who has to do your research for you? You're arguing against the scientific consensus, Google it your bloody self!

Seems you are emotionally involved in this topic, and you are clearly not thinking straight, otherwise you would agree with me

"I'm not going to do any research. Now agree with me or you're wrong".

Damocles said:
BulgarianPride said:

-- Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm --

blueinsa said:

You don't seem to understand how papers get published.

They wont bite the hand that feeds them.

I remember a leading government scientist getting the sack not long ago because he went against what the government wanted him to say re drugs.

He refused to tow the party line!

Damocles said:
BulgarianPride said:
Damocles said:

"I'm not going to do any research. Now agree with me or you're wrong".

If it is on the interweb it is false!

blueinsa said:

I remember a leading government scientist getting the sack not long ago because he went against what the government wanted him to say re drugs.

The Government have nothing to do with publishing scientific papers. The level of funding that they hand out to climate science is also embarrassingly small. In the US, the funding of climate science has barely risen for the past two decades.

Damocles said:
blueinsa said:

The Government have nothing to do with publishing scientific papers. The level of funding that they hand out to climate science is also embarrassingly small. In the US, the funding of climate science has barely risen for the past two decades.

On a serious note, <a class="postlink" href="http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE86919320120710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... 9320120710</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.