Global Warming

So your point is that some graphs about ice in the last 650 million years don't correspond to some graphs about sea temperature anomaly during El Nino from the past 5 years?

nickson71 said:
Challenger1978 said:
nickson71 said:
Most nuclear plants don't want to produce hydrogen, explosive gases and nuclear are possibly a risk too far.

mind you with nuclear you could always generate electricity for a H2 plant significantly removed from the nuclear side of things

Well you better tell that to the US government as its there plan and where they go the UK normally follows. Also electrolysis is not the only way to produce hydrogen heat can be used to.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120326112500.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 112500.htm</a>

Good read.

interesting read but nuclear hydrogen is not on the UK agenda at the moment and the article is about some scientist from the IAEA Hydrogen Economic Evaluation Programme stating his case for the research area he works in at a chemical society conference it's not US government

The focus at the moment is geared up towards off shore wind as the main renewable for the UK I've seen the CEO of EON present his companies view on renewable and it was all about phase 3 of off shore wind

If nuclear hydrogen does take off in other countries maybe the UK will look at once it is proven technology

I'm pro nuclear as part of the mix for energy generation but the new nuclear plants that will be built in the UK are nuclear only.

I never said they were I said they should.

"Nuclear hydrogen from electrolysis of water or steam is a reality now, yet the economics need to be improved," said Khamis. He noted that some countries are considering construction of new nuclear plants coupled with high-temperature steam electrolysis (HTSE) stations that would allow them to generate hydrogen gas on a large scale in anticipation of growing economic opportunities.

Above is similar to what you said before. All we have to do is build the nuclear power plants in a lot of space and in the future build a high-temperature steam electrolysis (HTSE) station near buy. Its a first step but its what we should be moving towards as a country IMO.

It is happening and would happen with or without human interference.
I don't think anyone would deny this is a recurring cycle given what we know.

However we are catalyzing the proccess imo.

Damocles said:
So your point is that some graphs about ice in the last 650 million years don't correspond to some graphs about sea temperature anomaly during El Nino from the past 5 years?

Just as some graphs showing the rate of CO2 increase don't correspond to the recorded temperature change over the same period.

Either the model is wrong or the data is wrong or both.

TCIB said:

Given enough time and given enough universes, it is statistically probable that life will spark into existence. This does not mean that we can't have kids.

My point is that you are talking about a natural cycle of warming/cooling that occurs over an incredibly long time. This period has done it in a generation. I know of no event outside of meteor strikes and other Extinction Level Events that has caused such a major change in the ecosystem in such a hugely short time.

-- Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:29 pm --

Gelsons Dad said:
Damocles said:

Just as some graphs showing the rate of CO2 increase don't correspond to the recorded temperature change over the same period.

I'm not sure that anybody has claimed this?

You're not talking about climate there, you are talking about weather. Example; if you pay £1.50 for bread, then the year after pay £1.75, then £2.00, then £1.80, then £1.75, what is the overall trend?

Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Given enough time and given enough universes, it is statistically probable that life will spark into existence. This does not mean that we can't have kids.

My point is that you are talking about a natural cycle of warming/cooling that occurs over an incredibly long time. This period has done it in a generation. I know of no event outside of meteor strikes and other Extinction Level Events that has caused such a major change in the ecosystem in such a hugely short time.

Done what in a generation?

Damocles said:
TCIB said:

But this is where the question I have comes in regarding ice core data only going back so far and not being as accurate (in terms of sort term fluctuations for obvious reasons) as recorded history of the last 500 years.

Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Gelsons Dad said:
Damocles said:

You're not talking about climate there, you are talking about weather. Example; if you pay £1.50 for bread, then the year after pay £1.75, then £2.00, then £1.80, then £1.75, what is the overall trend?

hovis taking the piss?<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:33 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Gelsons Dad said:
Damocles said:

hovis taking the piss?

Here is the correlation graph between CO2 and temperature over an ultra long period:

temperature-change.jpg

Here is my bread point as mentioned earlier:

co2_temp_2002_2008.gif

Here is a graph since the onset of 20th Century:

co2_temp_1900_2008.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.