Global Warming

At school they tell us that we shouldnt call it "global warming" because the Northern Hemisphere including the UK will ultimately get colder because of the loss of the North Atlantic current that keeps us from being as cold as Russia. Te correct term is "climate change" apparently

DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
At school they tell us that we shouldnt call it "global warming" because the Northern Hemisphere including the UK will ultimately get colder because of the loss of the North Atlantic current that keeps us from being as cold as Russia. Te correct term is "climate change" apparently
Well you should tell "them at school" that no one knows what will happen so they are talking shite.

DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:

Shit!!!!!
i bought 3 fridges that i keep empty but with the doors open to help fight global warming.

Unknown_Genius said:
The way I see it, we can't carry on as we are now. We're very wasteful as a species, and the stuff we pump in the air is not healthy for it, and if we keep going this way, its not going to be a happy ending.

Absolutely. True waste is a non-concept in Nature, whose ability to self-regulate is enormously dependant upon finely tuned closed ecological cycles. Current human proliferation is a direct threat to this. We're an absolute catastrophe and I believe we'll only be removed by a violent course of events. The planet will of course survive us but not necessarily Nature or life as we understand it.

johnny on the spot said:
Unknown_Genius said:
The way I see it, we can't carry on as we are now. We're very wasteful as a species, and the stuff we pump in the air is not healthy for it, and if we keep going this way, its not going to be a happy ending.

Absolutely. True waste is a non-concept in Nature, whose ability to self-regulate is enormously dependant upon finely tuned closed ecological cycles. Current human proliferation is a direct threat to this. We're an absolute catastrophe and I believe we'll only be removed by a violent course of events. The planet will of course survive us but not necessarily Nature or life as we understand it.

Agree completely, as a species we have raped the planet and polluted it to the point of no return, the image that puts the shits up me if from satelites (sp) looking down at the planet at night time and you can see the shape of the continents lit up by light.

Only one way this will end.

abu13 said:
Only one way this will end.

More fucking taxes!

I wonder if they are going to build a huge fucking Ark with the billions they are milking from us?

Damocles said:
Somebody just said something to me about the thoughts of the "man in the street" regarding global warming and I'd like a quick survey.

Yes or no, as far as you are concerned is global warming happening and is it a man made problem?

Yes, the average temp of the planet is going up.

Don't know. Of course, human behaviour heats up the globe (a simple fart does that) but how much of the warming is due to human behaviour? No idea. Probably not as much as we're led to believe by politicians, scientists (reliant on funding) and environmetalists tho

TBH, I don't care that much about Global Warming. Me and mine will be dead long before the planet is fucked (if it ever does happen) and so what if a few coastal areas end up under sea? Fucking move!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.