Global Warming

twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:
In 2003, Baliunas co-authored a highly controversial paper with Willie Soon that reviewed previous scientific papers and came to the conclusion that the climate hasn't changed in the last 2000 years.

Thirteen of the authors Baliunas and Soon cited in the paper refuted her interpretation of their work, and several editors of Climate Research resigned in protest at a flawed peer review process that allowed the publication. According to the acknowledgments listed in the paper, it was partially funded by the American Petroleum Institute.
Damocles already stated on the thread that where the funding arises is not relevant as any possible bias from the scientists having accepted funding is unfalsifiable.

If Damocles says so then it must be true.

-- Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes that man has very vested interests in making sure we keep banging the drum

Clarkson?

Did you get Clarkson's autograph? I like that telly show he makes about cars.

twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:
In 2003, Baliunas co-authored a highly controversial paper with Willie Soon that reviewed previous scientific papers and came to the conclusion that the climate hasn't changed in the last 2000 years.

Thirteen of the authors Baliunas and Soon cited in the paper refuted her interpretation of their work, and several editors of Climate Research resigned in protest at a flawed peer review process that allowed the publication. According to the acknowledgments listed in the paper, it was partially funded by the American Petroleum Institute.
Damocles already stated on the thread that where the funding arises is not relevant as any possible bias from the scientists having accepted funding is unfalsifiable.

If Damocles says so then it must be true.

-- Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes that man has very vested interests in making sure we keep banging the drum

Clarkson?

No the man that wrote the piece on Clarkson

Im not sure Clarkson has vested interests in anything other than himself

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:

Damocles also said that the peer review process is designed to lessen bias in every experiment.

The only possible conclusion that global warming skeptics can come to, is that there's a vast conspiracy involving many of the governments of the world, almost ALL of the climate scientists, many of the data gatherers, many of the solar scientists, many of the geologists and this is carried out in secret as a way of earning tax revenues that they presumably couldn't get from from any other means (because taxes only exist because of environmentalism).

The above conclusion is not the thinking of a sane person.
Aiye, that's a mighty fine strawperson.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm --<br /><br />
twinkletoes said:
No I am sure Clarkson is above reproach when it comes to things like this.
I like him. Very entertaining.

twinkletoes said:

Okay so Jeremy Clarkson single handily spreads the word of Global Warming being a fairytale. There you go twinkletoes something that will be music to your ears

BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes said:

Okay so Jeremy Clarkson single handily spreads the word of Global Warming being a fairytale. There you go twinkletoes something that will be music to your ears

Twice in one day.

corky1970 said:
BulgarianPride said:
goatboy said:
i'm sure we as a species aren't helping the situation as we are by definition more like a virus than mammals. that said though its all cyclical, just look at what happened to the planet venus. must have been some heavy industry on that planet. or perhaps someone is making some serious money out of this "movement"

Forget venus, just look at what the aliens did to the moon.

this !!, once a vibrant populated eco system with industrial complexes and domes and towers

Yeah and some fucking awesome cat memes

The early form of Man vs Food killed it off back in 1901 though

Global warming? It's been fucking pissing it down!

On a serious note I think it's happening and 100% man-made but I also believe there is little to nothing we can do about it as the damage is done basically. Damage limitation is possible, but the creation of global warming is long-term and hasn't been over the course of the last few years when it has had more media coverage.

America has a lot to answer for in terms of pumping stuff into the air but they are not soley responsible. I do not see anything changing in USA either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.