Glory hunters

AlgarveBlu said:
I miss the days when glory was securing our status in whichever league we found ourselves in...oh the sweet memories

40 points a season that all we asked great days

ancoats said:
the originalkippaxman said:
I have been a glory seeker since 19th January 1985 v Wimbledon

but that's not a glory hunter seeking glory is what all manchester city hope for over the last 30 years
I was a seeker but after losing to Liverpool it home that now am a glory hunter I want silverware every season winning the league is a must and winning every week

am feeling sick hate just about anything other than a smiling face about how bad Manchester city was yesterday

I see you point and to be fair I am starting to feel the same way in that where we used to shrug off shit performances after a few pints nowadays it is unacceptable.

AlgarveBlu said:
I miss the days when glory was securing our status in whichever league we found ourselves in...oh the sweet memories

The relegation and promotion years were some of the best times, if you can't win things i would much rather be that than be a newcastle or everton fan

Nothing has really changed for us the fans other than we just have higher expectations now which is fairly inevitable given the investment in the team. I've lost count of how many times I've seen us lose at Anfield but most of those were when defeat was almost a gimme and the tendency was to shrug it off and look ahead to the next game. Yesterday hurt more because we never played at the level that we should now be capable of reaching on a consistent basis.

erm .... i think i'm getting lost in translation .... isnt a Glory Hunter those people that use Grindr???

In 2004/05 we won 13, drew 13, lost 12 and finished 8th.

That was a good season for us in those days. Winning roughly once every 3 weeks was quite good. Losing roughly once every three weeks meant that we were accustomed to the disappointment but it wasnt taking over our lives.

Now if we lose a game its a minor tragedy, a draw is a huge disappointment. We just cant afford to drop points if we are to win trophies.

Suppose we had nicer meals when we were just a local butchers.
Now city has turned into Asda, we expect everything on tap.

Deliveries are late and we start to moan about the store being out of stock of the finest champagne's, when previously we were just happy with water.

Compulsive Rambler said:
Suppose we had nicer meals when we were just a local butchers.
Now city has turned into Asda, we expect everything on tap.

Deliveries are late and we start to moan about the store being out of stock of the finest champagne's, when previously we were just happy with water.

I think that most Blues would never have settled for just water,that is the whole point of going and supporting and spending a fortune on em,a little vimto or kia ora in the water was all I wanted though,it didn't have to be champers

The good old days, (post 80) when the best you could hope for was a draw in the derby and being tanked at home by candlepool every fooking year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.