Glory hunters

quiet_riot said:
BigOscar said:
Not remotely interested in glory, I'm more up for watching great football each week than a trophy at the end. Obviously I want the trophies, but not if it means sitting through Pearce-esque football all year. Entertainment is my number 1 priority, far ahead of trophies.

This - couldn't give a toss if we never win another trophy, as long as I can walk away from the Etihad with a smile on my face

Agreed. But a little pot now and gain is a bonus as long as it's been a good match and a good day out with fellow Blues. Then I can walk away from any ground in the country, or even in Europe, if I ever manage to get a trip and ticket sorted.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
cibaman said:
I'm a glory hunter. First game August 1968

I can huff you by two years (lol) Gig lane 1966 we lost 2-1. I was only a small boy and my dad God Bless him took me to see a certain Colin Bell!! So yeah I'm a Glory Hunter as well.

My dad took me to that one as well.

Definite glory hunter here. Was a united fan until 8 yrs old. Went to my first game, city vs Wycombe. 4-0 win. Turn coated immediately...

...I'm not a very bright guy. But they say love is blind so... :)

i am the original glory hunter , 1st game in 65/66 , 2nd division champs , then 1968 1st division champs , then FA cup winners , what a great decision supporting city. Little did i know the agony these f*ckers would put me through , all part of lifes rich tapestry

Doing our weekly grocery shopping in Paeroa (about 120kms from Auckland) when I heard a voice say "We've got Barcelona next week". So I sought him out (he worked in the supermarket stacking shelves) and we had a long discussion about our club. He described himself as a Glory Hunter. Used to live in firstly in Rochdale but when he moved to Colwyn Bay he caught a coach for every home game at Maine Road and he was at Wembley for the 1981 FA Cup Final.
I had to confess that I used to catch a bus only from Stretford to Maine Road every week from 1955 onwards and that I was at the FA Cup Final when we beat Leicester and the League Cup Final a few years later.
So two Glory Hunters in the small Hauraki town.
Looks like the weekly shopping trip will take a bit longer as we meet in the aisles and exchange stories.

I'll never forget my first glory night, we mopped the floor with Blackburn at Ewood, think it was 3-2 and scorers were Rosler, Flitctoft and I think Lomas..wet night and I proclaimed the next day that team would go on to do wonders. Fucking glory days that was

Just looked it up and it was Curle penalty , Rosler and Walsh.. Christ I was way off and I was too young to drink that night. Pitch was like a swamp and we had that horrendous black/Red and cobwebs away kit. Just one of those games that sticks in the mind. ..apart from who scored but I remember Flitcroft was brilliant that night and Rosler/Walsh were on fire

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
I'll never forget my first glory night, we mopped the floor with Blackburn at Ewood, think it was 3-2 and scorers were Rosler, Flitctoft and I think Lomas..wet night and I proclaimed the next day that team would go on to do wonders. Fucking glory days that was

Just looked it up and it was Curle penalty , Rosler and Walsh.. Christ I was way off and I was too young to drink that night. Pitch was like a swamp and we had that horrendous black/Red and cobwebs away kit. Just one of those games that sticks in the mind. ..apart from who scored but I remember Flitcroft was brilliant that night and Rosler/Walsh were on fire
That night was most remarkable for Nicky Summerbee looking like a quality winger. Most surprising.

I am a title/relegation type. Sometimes is more intensity in a relegation fight than a title fight; you just miss it.. A title every 10 years, a little bit of relegation drama, a fight for a CL spot should be enough for me. Of course, those times are history for City, just saying. If the titles are coming than let them come. They are well deserved and loved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.