Glory hunters

de niro said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
de niro said:
Is it really? I'm genuinely surprised at that.

yes, i did find it odd myself.

It's not true.

Saw a discussion PB had the other day about it where the figure only represents people who have had a season ticket for every season since Maine Road which includes part timers like me, Ric, and many others who might have dropped the season ticket for one year in the period

Damocles said:
de niro said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is it really? I'm genuinely surprised at that.

yes, i did find it odd myself.

It's not true.

Saw a discussion PB had the other day about it where the figure only represents people who have had a season ticket for every season since Maine Road which includes part timers like me, Ric, and many others who might have dropped the season ticket for one year in the period

I was told differently. Either way only 12k have remained consistent card holders. Still very low imo.

mancityvstoke said:
Interesting stat I read on MCIVTA....not sure if it's true

Only 12,000 season ticket holders remain from the ones who moved from Maine Road

Is this true?

Nope, sounds like bollocks.

Barclays did a survey last season and the results said City had the highest number of season ticket holders that had been regularly going to games for over 25 years, than every other club in the Prem.

BigOscar said:
Not remotely interested in glory, I'm more up for watching great football each week than a trophy at the end. Obviously I want the trophies, but not if it means sitting through Pearce-esque football all year. Entertainment is my number 1 priority, far ahead of trophies.

And it was the way we played against the 'Pool that really annoyed me. The only time I am a "Glory Hunter" is when we play the rags.
And FYI I have been a "BLUE" since 1955.

I think I have evolved into a glory hunter, and I don't think I like myself for it.

I clearly remember turning up and hardly ever expecting a win. When we did win it was more a shock than an expectation, and if we could just finish mid table and avoid the scramble for relegation I was happy. I just loved City.

Now, every single game is pressure. The expectation of a win is all-consuming. Every player, every stat is pored over if we even draw a game now, to try and find out what went so awfully wrong that we actually dared to drop a couple of points - ever more valuable points as our quest for trophies steamrollers on.

I find myself saying now to my lad before EVERY game - 'we need to win this one, can't afford to drop points' and that was from game 1!!!

Don't get me wrong, I have loved winning the trophies we have won over the last few years, and truly hope there are many more, but I do sometimes long for that pressure free mid table mediocrity, but the newborn glory hunter in me soon dampens that distant memory.

My name is Books Reject, and I am a gloryhunter.

BooksReject said:
I think I have evolved into a glory hunter, and I don't think I like myself for it.

I clearly remember turning up and hardly ever expecting a win. When we did win it was more a shock than an expectation, and if we could just finish mid table and avoid the scramble for relegation I was happy. I just loved City.

Now, every single game is pressure. The expectation of a win is all-consuming. Every player, every stat is pored over if we even draw a game now, to try and find out what went so awfully wrong that we actually dared to drop a couple of points - ever more valuable points as our quest for trophies steamrollers on.

I find myself saying now to my lad before EVERY game - 'we need to win this one, can't afford to drop points' and that was from game 1!!!

Don't get me wrong, I have loved winning the trophies we have won over the last few years, and truly hope there are many more, but I do sometimes long for that pressure free mid table mediocrity, but the newborn glory hunter in me soon dampens that distant memory.

My name is Books Reject, and I am a gloryhunter.

everybody clap clap clap

thank you brother (booksreject) you can now stand up and say your a glory hunter its the first steps to reform the hardest thing is talking to everybody now that's over maybe just maybe we can see a wet windy night at York again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.