glory/tourist fans

supercity36

anyone else think that its enevitable as we become bigger we will attract more of these? every big club has them.the sort that boo chelsea for being 1-0 down at HT despite only losing 2 of their last 100. although i know that due to the outlay the owners will want more or these type of fans spending on merchandise and tickets. but i really hope we can keep the family and working class tradition. by no means would i rather us be skint, shit with only loyal fans (ive had that for all my pissing life) but if we were overhauled by the ugg boot-wearing puffs like the one pictured we often take the piss of, i reckon this club could lose the very thing which i fell in love with, its soul.

I suppose i'm a 'glory/tourist' fan, just cant afford the tourist part. Started following football in 08, the summer before we got the money and i must say it was the way city moved the football so cleanly that made me love them. it was just magestic. well anyways, I hope we can have unity even though some dont like the idea of foreign fans. one things for certain though, ctid

a wider fan base naturally follows success but doesn't necessarily mean that the newer fans don't care about the club. for me, if city have the ability to either disappoint or elate you then you're more than welcome at eastlands.

Of course it's natural we will get hundreds of thousands of new fans and I suspect we will have to if the owners are to meet their targets and we want to meet the UEFA guidelines on spending. But this doesn't have to be bad. What the club needs to do though, is give priortiy to local fans on matchday some how. It's the people that follow the team week in and week out, and have done all their lives, that gives the passion. Compare that to the people United and Chelsea have on marchday for example. I'm sure the owners understand this, I'm just not so sure how they can do it .... any ideas?

I was born in Australia and have supported city since i was around 10ish and i would one day love to come to a game in manchester ( iam now 19) but i wouldnt want to be looked down on by other fans because i was a tourist to the area because i realy cant wait until i get the money to come out :s

I first went to City in 1985 and have supported them since. I can't get to every game due to my job (Army) and also finacial reasons. I live for City week in to week out. You could argue that cos I live down south i'm a tourist!

I believe all are welcome to support City, whether in Australia, USA, South Africa or anywhere remote in the world. Follow city, spread the word about what a great club we are. If you ever get chance to go to the games, get involved!!! Show your support!! Sing your heart out for the lads!! Get behind the lads!!

South City said:
I was born in Australia and have supported city since i was around 10ish and i would one day love to come to a game in manchester ( iam now 19) but i wouldnt want to be looked down on by other fans because i was a tourist to the area because i realy cant wait until i get the money to come out :s

You will be made more than welcome my friend. You have supported City for the last 9 years, so you clearly aren't a Glory Hunter. When you were 10 you could easily have chosen the Dark Side and supported the Rags, as I assume with your dates that City would have been emerging from the old 3rd Division when you became a Supporter. It is the sort of Supporter you are, who deserves all the credit there is in the World for choosing City as your Team.

supercity36 said:
anyone else think that its enevitable as we become bigger we will attract more of these? every big club has them.the sort that boo chelsea for being 1-0 down at HT despite only losing 2 of their last 100. although i know that due to the outlay the owners will want more or these type of fans spending on merchandise and tickets. but i really hope we can keep the family and working class tradition. by no means would i rather us be skint, shit with only loyal fans (ive had that for all my pissing life) but if we were overhauled by the ugg boot-wearing puffs like the one pictured we often take the piss of, i reckon this club could lose the very thing which i fell in love with, its soul.

You need a dose of reality fella - if these UEFA financial rules come into play then if City want to compete in the CL then we cannot run at a loss as we are doing now. Our wage bill is less than Chelski by a good way (20 Million or so) and they are currently runnng at a loss with similar crowds CL lots of TV money and other cup competitions and season ticket prices at least 50% more than ours. The facts are these if City fans want to compete in the CL then we are likely to see season ticket prices rise and to minimise the price rises than maybe a bigger stadium at some point to accomodate these glory hunters would be good so we are not paying season ticket prices like Arse - Chelski & Man Ure

My 10 yr old Son came back from football training yesterday.
He couldn't wait to tell me that the trainers Son had a City shirt on.
The same lad that wore his Liverpool shirt week in week out.
One of the Scouse/Scum glory gang that laughed at him in his colours
during Psychos reign.
He was in a state of disbelief and is not sure he wants City shirts appearing on scum backs
I can see his point, he was happy "standing alone"
They're going to come......It's started.
If it means us winning a trophy or 10 before i die
then i don't give a fcuk. I've waited long enough.
Can't do nowt about Glory/tourists.

He wasn't happy, he's been used to being the only blue for years, since Psychos reign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.