Glyn Pardoe RIP

He was a regular when I started going to Maine Road, and I once went to his house with Dave Wallace to interview him for KOTK. Does anybody remember that game at Boro when we aired the Pardoe, Pardoe, he's off to Mexico chant for about 15 minutes even though he'd been retired for many years? RIP Blue.

Played in my first City match and scored the winner on my first Wembley trip. Bell, Lee, Summerbee (and Young) could not have thrived without the contributions of Doyle, Oakes and Pardoe. His contribution to City over his lifetime has been immense and should never be forgotten and but for the tragic injury he would have smashed every appearance record. Remains the best full-back of my fifty years plus of watching and was the most likeable man you could ever wish to meet - I was fortunate on a few (too few) occasions. A very sad day indeed for Manchester City and my thoughts go out to all his family. One of the true greats. RIP Glyn Pardoe.

Oh what a shame, he and Alan were the reason I started to watch City when I finished my national Service in 1962. Then as a thank you to my Father for helping me to build my house, I took him to his first ever football match and we saw Glyn score the winner against West Brom. Sorry for his family who have lost their cornerstone and for us who have lost a good former player and a good man.

Another true City legend going to blue heaven, loved seeing Glyn with Tommy, how proud he was and only a shame that we lost Mike so early would have been fantastic to seeing Glyn and Mike sat together watching their grandson lift a trophy.
Glyn was a great player who played everywhere before becoming a magnificent left back the number 3 shirt is, his as far as I’m concerned Never met him,unfortunately, but the wonderful tributes to those who did say it all Hopefully Tommy will one day soon wear the shirt with has much distinction as his grandads did. RIP Glyn and sincere condolences to family and friends

I heard him on Radio Manchester recounting his wife being with him as surgeons fought to save his leg possibly even his life after he broke his leg and how the pair of them had seen the Beatles in Northwich Civic Hall whilst they were courting. It was very emotional and Glyn was in tears as he told his story. A great family man as well as a great Blue.

I heard him on Radio Manchester recounting his wife being with him as surgeons fought to save his leg possibly even his life after he broke his leg and how the pair of them had seen the Beatles in Northwich Civic Hall whilst they were courting. It was very emotional and Glyn was in tears as he told his story. A great family man as well as a great Blue.
Glyn has always been more than thankful to Dr Rose,the Club Doctor,who ran onto the pitch at Old Trafford.Had it not been for his quick thinking he would have certainly have lost his leg.Glyns words not mine.

Loved that we have remembered the Mexico chant. God Bless Glyn.

Glyn has always been more than thankful to Dr Rose,the Club Doctor,who ran onto the pitch at Old Trafford.Had it not been for his quick thinking he would have certainly have lost his leg.Glyns words not mine.
Glyn didnt appear tp be bitter about that tackle but l was surprised to see a clip perhaps from MOTD as Jimmy Hill was on with Allison and someone else in which there was no criticism of Best.
Pardoe and Bell. United took two great players out of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.