Glyn Pardoe RIP

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 26 May 2020.

1. xgorton

xgorton

R.I.P. Glyn.His first game for City April 62 aged just 15 was also my first match watching City,midweek home to Birmingham.

2. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

In Glyns own words "Best never asked nor came to visit me in hospital during that period of time".

3. BLS

BLS

A great player in a great team and by all accounts the perfect gentlemen. RIP.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    I’ve just seen this on another tribute Oakie. Where was this?

5. abu13

abu13

Team supported:
    Gods own
    RIP, just slightly before my time but i appreciate all that he has done for the club.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

6. Starr Gate Blue

Starr Gate Blue

As an 8 year old I fell in love with City and that magical 67-68 team. When one of that side passes away it feels like I have lost an old friend. I never realized, until today, that Glyn Pardoe was only 21 when we won the league. Every time I heard Glyn interviewed he came across as a very likeable and humble bloke. Sincere condolences to young Tommy and his family.

Last edited: 26 May 2020
  7. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    Another one of the City squad when I first started following them has gone. We won the League Cup thanks to his winner not long after Manchester City became my team and because of that winning goal, he became a favourite of mine.

I don’t believe we saw Glyn reach his full potential due to the terrible injury he suffered, when he broke his leg and who knows how many more appearances he might have made for City if he hadn’t done so.

We listened to his interview with Ian Cheeseman a while back and he came across as a real gentleman and his pride in Tommy's potential and development was clear. It was great that he was able to see his grandson make his first-team debut.

Such very sad news at a time when we are losing so many. Rest In Peace, Glyn. You are a true Manchester City legend.

8. BLUE PEANUT

BLUE PEANUT

Was before my time, but was undoubtedly a great servant to the club and is a name than resonates with blues of all ages as being up their with the best of them.
    What will be unfortunate is that his passing will not be marked in the usual way by us fans with a fitting tribute, with games due to be behind closed doors. Would be great if the club/1894 group could organise something.

RIP Glyn Pardoe

9. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Very sad news. Met him a few times and he was such a lovely man, always smiling, relaxed and easy-going. Last time I saw him he was sat quietly in City Square by the Bluemoon Cafe with some other people, presumably family, before a game. Many of those passing him wouldn't have noticed and the younger ones may not even have known who he was.

We are also coming out of a City Matters meeting one night and the former Players Association were also having a meeting at the CFA. Glyn was obviously in a hurry to get somewhere and came dashing out behind us. It was a time when all our left backs were injured so we asked him if he was available at the weekend. He laughed and said "Not with my knees". He then ran towards the car park and someone shouted "If youre OK to run like that, you're OK to play. Bring your boots!" He laughed again and gave us two fingers. What a guy!

RIP Glyn, possibly one of the most underrated players in our history (but not by us).

Vienna_70 likes this.
  10. Kirkstall Blue

Kirkstall Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    RIP Glynn we were lucky to see you play along with Bell thank you so much for being a part of that great team