Goal attempts

chris63

How come the rags, chelsea, arsenal,and the spuds all seem to have 20+ shots
most games, but we battle to get into double figures. Thought we did ok
2nite, but attempts at goal are very low. Honestly thought we would win 3 or 4 nil. Had 2 strikers 2nite still didnt improve our shot ratio. Cant win every game 1-0. Not whinging, its just anoying becouse i no where better then that.

chris63 said:
2nite, but attempts at goal are very low. Honestly thought we would win 3 or 4 nil. Had 2 strikers 2nite still didnt improve our shot ratio. Cant win every game 1-0. Not whinging, its just anoying becouse i no where better then that.

cause we play possession footbal in front of the defending team without ever really finding a killer pass

our build up play is too slow and has been for most of the season

Pigeonho said:
Eventually this will be our downfall.

True pigeonho, you can have all the possession in the world, but if your not putting the ball in the net with it then it's pointless.
Look what happened in the last champs league final for an example, bayern had 3/4 the possession or so for the whole match and still lost.

On the other hand, things might change when mancini finally get to play all his signings in a decent run.

haller said:
Pigeonho said:
Eventually this will be our downfall.

True pigeonho, you can have all the possession in the world, but if your not putting the ball in the net with it then it's pointless.
Look what happened in the last champs league final for an example, bayern had 3/4 the possession or so for the whole match and still lost.

On the other hand, things might change when mancini finally get to play all his signings in a decent run.
This is my hope mate.

simon23 said:
chris63 said:

cause we play possession footbal in front of the defending team without ever really finding a killer pass

our build up play is too slow and has been for most of the season

Yawn....and how was our goal scored again ?

It's frustrating,. I dont think Mancini want us to play so slow or with so few shots on target.
The team just need more time i think..

I'll give it to christmas before i judge.

chris63 said:

Fuck me. We have a brain on Bluemoon. Unbelievable scenes!:)

Unfortunately mate, the vast majority on here are too thick or blinded to notice that this is a major problem of ours.

As I have said elsewhere, other teams play with a degree of tempo that forces a weight of pressure that in turn fashions chances without the need for a superlative pass. We don't do this and seem detemined to either walk it in or create our one real chance per half with a world class thread through. Just batter the opposition into submission and the chances will come but somehow this is beneath us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.