Goal Line Technology

I am not so sure it wasn't a goal anyway. It was bloody close and GLT may well have got it wrong, like Hawkeye gets it wrong it tennis.

The other thing is, we only live one life in one universe. In our universe the goal was given and Spurs went on to lose 2-1. If the goal had not been given, who's to say Drogba would not have gone on to get a hatrick? You can't selectively re-run just the parts of history you would like to change. Maybe in some other parallel universe, if the goal had not been given a plane would have crashed into the stadium? Who knows.

All we know is Spurs lost. End of.

A bit heavy for a Sunday morning, I know ;-)

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Imagine if we had it 45 years ago England would have no trophies what so ever.

I just love watching English managers/legends cry about goal line technology all the time yet no-one has bothered mentioning that if it were for goal line tech in 1966 England wouldn't of had that goal allowed against Germany.

I personally think goal line tech would be stupid to have in football I think all these controversial decsions are apart of the game.

Not if yer a Spuds fan would you consider them as a natural part of the game. They are crass mistakes by officials of which 99% could be eradicated with the use of video technology. Burying heads in sand and dismissing its use is incredible in the 21st century. Well done to those sports who have embraced technology. They have made sure that their sports have been enhanced by a range of decisions where the results of matches reflect what actually took place.

Swings and roundabouts is a myth.

I think we should also have 4th official doing replays on offside etc. If the ball has gone dead no reason why ref can't ask 4th official to look at the decision, its used in Rugby to determine tries it should be used in football to determine goals.

Should be introduced ASAP.

a monitor should be in the technical area.

referee goes over and has a look with the 4th official.

would take 30-40 seconds at most.

you could argue it could be done with everything and anything, it could be but some things are black and white. decisions yesterday are a season won or lost.

you can't have the referee decide on EVERY decision from a corner to a free-kick by looking at a monitor, each game would take 3 hours but for decisions where they are unsure and basically make a big decision off instinct, there should be goal line technology.

Goal line technology will never happen as too may people have a vested interest which would be destroyed by a single camera on a goal line.

TBF to Arry , who I´m not a fan of - he didn´t winge and said the linesman made an honest call for the Lamps goal - he´s right for once coz it probably looked over to the lino and with goals not being given when they should have , he prolly felt he´d better give it. Of course Arry is best mates with the Lamps so maybe that´s something to do with his sudden introduction to magnaminity. He´s bang on about GLT but many of us have been banging on about it for years, The blame lies with that incompetent twat Blatter

'Should be introduced ASAP.

a monitor should be in the technical area.

referee goes over and has a look with the 4th official.

would take 30-40 seconds at most.

you could argue it could be done with everything and anything, it could be but some things are black and white. decisions yesterday are a season won or lost.

you can't have the referee decide on EVERY decision from a corner to a free-kick by looking at a monitor, each game would take 3 hours but for decisions where they are unsure and basically make a big decision off instinct, there should be goal line technology.
'

Butthe ball in the Tottenham game didn't go dead until the ref called a goal. IF he hadn't called it a goal and the ball didn't go dead when does he check the monitor?

If he ruled it not a goal how do you restart? With a drop goal on the goal line? A free kick for the defence would be very unfair on the attacking team.
Football is not a game with natural breaks other when the ref. calls a foul or it goes out of play. Technology only works where there are natural breaks in the game like in cricket or Rugby where the ball goes dead if it goes over the try line.
Mistakes happen, it's called life get on with it.

5 years ago a northamptonshire company tendered a contract to the FA/Premier league for a system of goalline technology systems-initially a camera with a laser system as a secondary/back up.
The premier leage said no as did te FA- It was sent to several footy federations none of which took the item due to cost.

I watch baseball & the mistakes in that game often get on the national news -BECAUSE THEY ARE SO RARE! They invested in the game & they have nigh on perfection when it comes to tough calls & NO ONE,NO ONE tells the umpire what to do-hpw dare you & woebetide anyone that does! Perhaps a look at other sports could help as the FA & prem people are too keen on brandy & cigars ,When they should be out testing tech day & night! This gear works & no one will mind 10 seconds delay to sort it-THE PLAYERS SPEND MINUTES ACTIN LIKE CHILDREN WALKIN ROUND LIKE THE BIGGEST CHIKKIN IN THE YARD -NO ONE MOANS ABOUT THAT! so use the arguin time to re run the vids-4th official or even 5th on his own in a media room -he has a yay or nay system -so simple ,so why do they make it so hard?

It has to be introduced. I agree mistakes are a part of the game. However, referees get absolutely crucified if they make the wrong judgements. Also I don't think Saturday did cost spurs a champions league place, but if it did, it would potentially cost the club tens of millions in jst that season alone, let alone cumulative over a 5 year period or so. Now football is such a big money game we should do the utmost to make sure their is no doubt to the integrity by introducing all technology that will enhance the major decision making process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.