Goalkeeper distribution

BatleyBlue said:
I can only assume that his instructions were to kick it towards the wings. Let's see if anything changes next season with new coaches and manager in place.

And let's be honest, he was playing for England!

By pumping it right down the middle, he knew it was only going to come straight back to him seconds later. At least by aiming for the touchline, half of his clearances would be going out of play, to which his team colleagues could regroup for the resulting throw-in. But playing for City, the requirements will be different and a simple short pass or a throw out to more capable players than the national team has should suffice.

I would always distribute my goalkeeper in or around the penalty area - he's got more chance of stopping shots and he won't get penalised for handball as much.

stonerblue said:
tusker said:
stonerblue said:
I don't subscribe to the 'Hart can't kick' club. Nothing at all wrong with his distribution.
Great keeper but can't kick for shit.

And you base this opinion on what?

On the fact that he can't kick for shit, have you watched him recently.

twas always disturbing that opponents would leave a couple of players high up the pitch and we would have no way of building and keeping posession

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.