Goalkeeper

It happens all the time, not just on here but in life as well I'm afraid. Some people don't want to listen (or in this case read) and comprehend your point and have a discussion, finding some compromise in values for an overall better understanding of things. They just want to have their opinions, say/type what they want to say/type and most importantly be right.

We all do it from time to time, but it's definitely annoying when it happens to one's self.
shut the fuck up

:)

No I always said in a year from now

I know what you said mate, which is why I said, 'You seem to be saying that if they are both of equal quality in the future".
I'm not misrepresenting what you said at all.

My point is that you are applying todays contract figures to what might happen in the future.
Don't you think that if we let Ederson go and give Steffan the no.1 spot at City that his wages will increase?
And as far the age thing, I don't think it has any relevance at all. It's not like Ederson is 33.
Being a year younger in your mid 20/s is not a plus when it comes to goalkeepers.

how about you make an actual argument ?

Ok ok fair ask I'm being over the top, that's unfair. Here's my thinking...

Ederson has played 3 seasons in the Premier League and 2 in Portugal. He's signed to a big money contract until 2025. He's consistently rated as the best keeper in the Premier League by pundits and was named as the goalkeeper in the PFA team of the year last season. His 'errors' as they've been called on here, are that he's conceded a couple of long distance shots. His distribution is unmatched.

Zack Steffen has played one season in the Bundesliga, widely considered to be a much weaker league than the PL, and 4 in MLS, widely considered weaker than the Portuguese league. Dusseldorf are likely going to be relegated having conceded the 4th most goals in the league. He has already made one absolute howler against Bayern Munich where he rolled the ball straight to an opposition player who promptly scored.

I can accept that City might give him a crack at challenging Ederson but that's not what you're saying. You're saying based on limited evidence that you bet Steffen will take Ederson's place.

I just don't think this is a reasonable position based on the available evidence.

And I have said several times there does not look much between them right now and that Steffen will go on loan. Also this was I. Direct response to someone say Steffen had to be Ederson plus I.e better than Ederson he doesn’t he just has to be equal to him because we won’t keep both long terms and he is younger and cheaper

I agree we won't keep both long term, and Ederson's the one with 5 years left on a 90k pw deal :)

I know what you said mate, which is why I said, 'You seem to be saying that if they are both of equal quality in the future".
I'm not misrepresenting what you said at all.

My point is that you are applying todays contract figures to what might happen in the future.
Don't you think that if we let Ederson go and give Steffan the no.1 spot at City that his wages will increase?
And as far the age thing, I don't think it has any relevance at all. It's not like Ederson is 33.
Being a year younger in your mid 20/s is not a plus when it comes to goalkeepers.

Seeing as both have just signed new deals city could replace Ederson in 12 months time with Steffen and keep him on his current much lower salary but yes he would probably get a new deal with a big pay rise but City would of course negotiate and I think they would be in a stronger position to keep his wage down more than with Ederson

Ok ok fair ask I'm being over the top, that's unfair. Here's my thinking...

Ederson has played 3 seasons in the Premier League and 2 in Portugal. He's signed to a big money contract until 2025. He's consistently rated as the best keeper in the Premier League by pundits and was named as the goalkeeper in the PFA team of the year last season. His 'errors' as they've been called on here, are that he's conceded a couple of long distance shots. His distribution is unmatched.

Zack Steffen has played one season in the Bundesliga, widely considered to be a much weaker league than the PL, and 4 in MLS, widely considered weaker than the Portuguese league. Dusseldorf are likely going to be relegated having conceded the 4th most goals in the league. He has already made one absolute howler against Bayern Munich where he rolled the ball straight to an opposition player who promptly scored.

I can accept that City might give him a crack at challenging Ederson but that's not what you're saying. You're saying based on limited evidence that you bet Steffen will take Ederson's place.

I just don't think this is a reasonable position based on the available evidence.

Not talking about now but in 12 months time after another loan no doubt at a better club than Dusseldorf.

True they are about to get relegated but I would argue that Germany is a better league than Portugal that he has been in weak side and therefore faced a lot of shots and made a lot of saves a lot of very good reflex saves sometimes stopping a shot followed by a second third shot straight after.

This is an excellent sign and excellent for his development.

his rating by pundits is that he is among the top goalies in the league and deserving of a better team and league position his stats on distribution shots faced and saved back this up

He also looks like Ederson with his distribution bar the mistake you mention.

I would also say that he comes out like Ederson but from what I can tell not getting sent off or knocking out his own players. Cannot real tell how they would deal with the same crosses Ederson does not really face deal with crosses.

Rightly or wrongly I would also argue perception is that Allison has past Ederson.

I think Muric is young and talented... Pep sould give him a chance...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.