Goals you still Remember

Chipmeister

Following on from the Mackenzie volley topic that brought back some memories what other goals good and bad sticking your mind. Melrose half way volley .

I still remember Kevin Reeves against Norwich at the Platt Lane end, and Trevor Francis half volley finish over the keeper from outside the box. Just two that spring to mind.

Come on good or bad your memorable goals

the earliest i can remember without having seen them since, was Kiddo's header on his debut when he scored 4 v Leicester.

Peter Barnes sitting Pat Jennings on his arse at Maine Road when we hammered Spurs 5-0 (I think) around 1976/77...quality!

Ian Brightwell's equaliser at swamp - sat in Streford End seats with my mate and we both celebrated and were amazed how many other blues there were around us who got up to cheer too!

Probably my first memory would be a Trevor Francis header against whom I have no recollection. It was sunny so guessing either a home game either at the beginning or end of the season. Sorry that doesn't help does it. It seamed to be from a very tight angle.

A memory for the place rocking was when wanchope scored against Newcastle at the Etihad to effectively ensure safety. Evn the Colin bell where I sit was bouncing and the noise coming down the Curley wurleys with every one singing "best team in the land" sent shivers down my spine.

Also , Keith curles equalising pen at OT. 'twas my birthday, I'd written my car off on the M5 earlier that day so I had a neck brace on. Hospital said, take it easy. Fuck me the whole paddock was going delirious including me.

Ooh Curley wurley, ooh Curley wurley
Fuck off back to London
Elton Wesley, your a wanker your a wanker

Don Hutchinson's quickly taken free-kick winner at the Stadium of Light in Royle's Premiership season. Might first ever live City match. That was turgid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.