Going on holiday by yourself.

Half the people on here saying they love to travel alone because they enjoy there own space and then they say it's great to meet new people ?! Make your mind up.

now, whilst the thought of going away is nice and there are clearly some benefits, I think especially the travel side. I go away a lot for work visits by myself which I love. But the reality is an actual holiday by yourself is boring, dull and lonely. Walking around by yourself and eating by yourself after a couple days the novelty would wear off. I think most sit in there room watching TV and flicking through Facebook

Then they come home to say what an amazing adventure they had and how totally cool they are for doing it by themselves

But. Each to there own !
You might be dull and boring though. Why are you trying to speak for others you weirdo?

Half the people on here saying they love to travel alone because they enjoy there own space and then they say it's great to meet new people ?! Make your mind up.

now, whilst the thought of going away is nice and there are clearly some benefits, I think especially the travel side. I go away a lot for work visits by myself which I love. But the reality is an actual holiday by yourself is boring, dull and lonely. Walking around by yourself and eating by yourself after a couple days the novelty would wear off. I think most sit in there room watching TV and flicking through Facebook

Then they come home to say what an amazing adventure they had and how totally cool they are for doing it by themselves

But. Each to there own !
Really?

But. Each to there own !

Travelling on your own, doesn't mean not spending time with others. It can be easier to make friends and meet others on your own. It has the added benefit of not having to worry about someone else or compromise on what you do when you are on holiday.

I went on my own to Oz for a month in the 90s. I made friends, got pissed most nights and had a great time. So much so, it convinced me to go back and spend time travelling and working around the country. BTW that was before social media.

Travelling on your own, doesn't mean not spending time with others. It can be easier to make friends and meet others on your own. It has the added benefit of not having to worry about someone else or compromise on what you do when you are on holiday.

I went on my own to Oz for a month in the 90s. I made friends, got pissed most nights and had a great time. So much so, it convinced me to go back and spend time travelling and working around the country. BTW that was before social media.

Sounds awesome, I wasn't having a dig at people that travel alone. I do it for work so I know the benefits.

But. Each to there own ![/QUOT

Very good post. I go on my "own" all the time but i go to a place (Qawra in Malta) where i have been 30 plus times and it's home from home. But to go anywhere new on my own?

Sod that i think you are alright during the day or if The World Cup is on its the night time where you would struggle. Tempation is to have a few beers to "enjoy" yourself but solo drinking is never great and you'd probably end up pissed and making a twat of yourself.

Travelling for work and travelling alone for holiday are very different experiences. I suspect being single and going on holiday makes a difference. When I was single I found I had another gear to my energy levels. Far from sitting in hotel rooms watching tv (emphasising your isolation) I went out and made things happen. Not something I would have chosen for myself but when it did happen it was a massive turning point in my life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.