Golf around Manchester

AustinBlue

I'm planning to trip to England in September and will catch as many City games as I can. I also love to golf. Are there any courses around Manchester that anyone would recommend? Where does Mark Hughes play? Do any City players play golf, and if so, where?

AustinBlue said:
I'm planning to trip to England in September and will catch as many City games as I can. I also love to golf. Are there any courses around Manchester that anyone would recommend? Where does Mark Hughes play? Do any City players play golf, and if so, where?

r.soleofsalford, droylsdenblue and barryo are keen golfers. I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

AustinBlue said:

Hughes plays at the Marriot a couple of times but trust me mate, at the minute you dont wanna play there! the course is in terrible shape!

It depends on what sort of course you want. If you like hills, Macclesfield is as mad as they come. Lots of footballers play at Chorlton GC, and also Mere, near Knutsford.

My own favourite happens to be Knutsford GC. It is a delightful course, it has been there for well over 100 years so it is not as unforgiving as new courses, and if you are coming with your better half, Tatton Park and Knutsford, both places pleasant to vist in their own right, are just next door.

Knutsford is due south wast of Manchester, about 15 miles from the City centre I would guess, but a parkland course with deer (on the right day) not far away.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
It depends on what sort of course you want. If you like hills, Macclesfield is as mad as they come. Lots of footballers play at Chorlton GC, and also Mere, near Knutsford.

My own favourite happens to be Knutsford GC. It is a delightful course, it has been there for well over 100 years so it is not as unforgiving as new courses, and if you are coming with your better half, Tatton Park and Knutsford, both places pleasant to vist in their own right, are just next door.

Knutsford is due south wast of Manchester, about 15 miles from the City centre I would guess, but a parkland course with deer (on the right day) not far away.

I like a course where a cart girl brings beer :) We have deer and rattlesnake on our home course. One without rattlers would be good. My better half is coming, and wants to play. Something scenic would be good. Not too challenging as I'm only an 18 handicap.

Thanks for the suggestions!

A cart girl bringing beer????

Knutsford would fulfill all of your criteria, it is scenic, and it is not too difficult. Like I wrote, it is an old course, which has it's challenges but it is not as daft as new courses.

I am not a member of Knutsford GC, I just happen to like playing there, and there are some very nice attractions within walking distance of the course, such as Tatton Park and Knutsford itself.

As for snakes and deer, we have versions that crawl/run away on sight of us. Wildlife is not a problem!

A cart girl bringing beer????

Knutsford would fulfill all of your criteria, it is scenic, and it is not too difficult. Like I wrote, it is an old course, which has it's challenges but it is not as daft as new courses.

I am not a member of Knutsford GC, I just happen to like playing there, and there are some very nice attractions within walking distance of the course, such as Tatton Park and Knutsford itself.

As for snakes and deer, we have versions that crawl/run away on sight of us. Wildlife is not a problem!

You don't have pretty girls driving beer carts around the golf courses in England? Can you carry your own Boddingtons around? Tell me you don't have to wait until the 19th hole??

You can stuff as many cans in your bag as you like.

There are no 'beer police' in this so called free country yet!

As for Boddingtons, you really are showing your age!

Boddintons went out of fashion, ooh, let me think now,.......a few years ago at least.

You can stuff as many cans in your bag as you like.

There are no 'beer police' in this so called free country yet!

As for Boddingtons, you really are showing your age!

Boddintons went out of fashion, ooh, let me think now,.......a few years ago at least.

Boddingtons is out of fashion????????????????? What's in fashion? Although I'm too old to care what the fashion is. I like the taste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.