Golf Thread

I've been watching the golfmates YouTube channel and they have been doing some videos around Dundee, carnoustie country, they have played some really nice courses up there. May be another option for you.
Played Carnoustie a few years back with the Landlord of a pub in the town (Blue) who’s a member… Cost me £12 for the round and £15 for a bloody fridge magnet / ball marker

I've been watching the golfmates YouTube channel and they have been doing some videos around Dundee, carnoustie country, they have played some really nice courses up there. May be another option for you.
Ballumbie castle was decent when I played last year, not too far from fife.

A lot of this makes sense and it's sad to see the game get torn apart, but as you say it's all the PGA Tour's own making. Most of the Tour is incredibly dull to watch and I don't know anyone who watches it regularly (other than the occasional final two hours on a Sunday when it's close between some big names). There's far too many events, it's too America-centric and it's pretty much just the same format week in week out. No variation and, beyond the players themselves, does anyone really care who wins most of these tournaments? I certainly don't.

If it's to succeed, LIV needs the PGA Tour. Because without it, how does anyone even know that these are best players in the game (not this current field, but what the eventual dream is). But equally, the PGA Tour could also have been given a new lease of life if both parties had agreed to exist side by side.

Free up 8 weeks across the season by dropping some of the shittier events on the Tour and every 6 weeks or so, the top 48 on the PGA Tour at that point get entered into the next LIV event to compete for mega money (without the ridiculous team format). Now, that would have been great for everyone — LIV would be guaranteed to get the best players for their events, the PGA Tour would retain all the best players and add some much-needed excitement to their events, the players would rake in a ton of extra cash, and golf fans would have a genuine reason for tuning in every week.

The problem is that the PGA Tour wouldn't want to be seen as playing second fiddle to a series with more money (ironic considering that's exactly what they did to the European Tour) and Greg Norman seems intent on completely destroying the status quo rather than finding a way to fit into it. Such a shame they couldn't both put their egos to one side and genuinely revolutionise the tour concept for everyone's benefit. Massive missed opportunity all round.
This whole saga, is so similar to what happened with darts.....like the BDO, the PGA is finished.

This whole saga, is so similar to what happened with darts.....like the BDO, the PGA is finished.
Yeah, there's a lot of similarities. Yesterday proved how entertaining the PGA Tour can be, but unfortunately it's not always that great a spectacle. They really should both find a way for both of these to work together, but it looks like that time has already passed. It's going to be winner to takes all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.