Golf Thread

Not understanding the handicap system, I'd be in the dark here. But I'm assuming a handicap of 1.4 is pretty decent. It must be if it's the benchmark to allow you to enter qualifying for a major. So, what the hell happened to this guy;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/39892101

55 over par. Ouch. Fair play to the guy, though,for completing the round. He can't that shabby if he was of a sufficient standard to even, er, qualify for qualifying.

He'd obviously be a top class player but to be a pro on the PGA I'm sure you'd have to be a minus handicapper. 1.4 Over four rounds is effectively shooting 6 over par, not gonna win many tournaments with that.

Long shot but does anybody have a stream for the golf? Preferably iPad compatible

He'd obviously be a top class player but to be a pro on the PGA I'm sure you'd have to be a minus handicapper. 1.4 Over four rounds is effectively shooting 6 over par, not gonna win many tournaments with that.

Yeah most top class pros would play a local course around Manc for example and shoot 58-62 every time. Your 1.4 man would be 73-75 probably. Anyone on tour would have minus handicap. I think you have to be around minus 3 to be on the tour.

Sounds like he lost his rag to me

I do not watch it but it has been brough to my attention that Sky do not have this pga event and the bbc has a couple of hours of it on red button?. I know this as y father called me screaming blue murder about his golf not being on. After asking if i can 'do your coputer stuff and make it work' i infored him i may be able to bodge a bit of code together and download a film but making the pga magically appear on sky was slightly beyond my skills. So i looked into it and they lost the rights to the BBC, ok fine 'click onto bbc chans dad it will be on one of them'... 'it fucking is not, not one of them'.

So sky give a grand song and dance about ore coverage, better coverage, more choice. The first thing, the very first thing that happens is they give less, how the fuck does that work out?. The BBC deserve just as uch abuse due to the amount of coverage the event did get today (fuck all apparently). It also seeed to be fro the 80's broadcasting standard wise.

Sky, you want people to love your service and do this, sorry but i hope every fucker in the uk gets iptv and you fuckers burn, same for the bbc. You get one over on sky then serve up what my dad called 'a load of fucking shite, it's just crap Guy', a wordsmith if ever i knew one my father is.

If it is that bad they both deserve fingers being pointed with not very kind mutterings aimed at them.

I do not watch it but it has been brough to my attention that Sky do not have this pga event and the bbc has a couple of hours of it on red button?. I know this as y father called me screaming blue murder about his golf not being on. After asking if i can 'do your coputer stuff and make it work' i infored him i may be able to bodge a bit of code together and download a film but making the pga magically appear on sky was slightly beyond my skills. So i looked into it and they lost the rights to the BBC, ok fine 'click onto bbc chans dad it will be on one of them'... 'it fucking is not, not one of them'.

So sky give a grand song and dance about ore coverage, better coverage, more choice. The first thing, the very first thing that happens is they give less, how the fuck does that work out?. The BBC deserve just as uch abuse due to the amount of coverage the event did get today (fuck all apparently). It also seeed to be fro the 80's broadcasting standard wise.

Sky, you want people to love your service and do this, sorry but i hope every fucker in the uk gets iptv and you fuckers burn, same for the bbc. You get one over on sky then serve up what my dad called 'a load of fucking shite, it's just crap Guy', a wordsmith if ever i knew one my father is.

If it is that bad they both deserve fingers being pointed with not very kind mutterings aimed at them.

Very disappointing in that Sky have just rebranded all their channels with each dedicated to a sport. How then can Sky Sports Golf not even show the final major championship of the year?! You are right about the BBC coverage, absolutely shocking. You can however stream some of the PGA Championship on Twitter, not sure how much though.

Yeah most top class pros would play a local course around Manc for example and shoot 58-62 every time. Your 1.4 man would be 73-75 probably. Anyone on tour would have minus handicap. I think you have to be around minus 3 to be on the tour.

Sounds like he lost his rag to me

Plus handicap beyond scratch fella but yeah most pros would be around +4 and better on decent courses. The difference between a low handicapper and a pro is huge.

Plus handicap beyond scratch fella but yeah most pros would be around +4 and better on decent courses. The difference between a low handicapper and a pro is huge.

Yep. A lot of amateur golfers are +3 or +4 when they turn Pro. Even then they have to start on the likes of the Europro Tour and try and win enough money / points to get on the Challenge Tour (Very tough and costly without serious sponsorship).
Only the top 10 or so from the Challenge Tour get European Tour Cards for the following season. Its like starting in The Conference and trying to get to the Premier League.
As regards The US PGA, BBC coverage last night was on the Red Button and was dire compared to the normal Sky Coverage.
The BBC just haven't moved on i'm afraid.

Yep. A lot of amateur golfers are +3 or +4 when they turn Pro. Even then they have to start on the likes of the Europro Tour and try and win enough money / points to get on the Challenge Tour (Very tough and costly without serious sponsorship).
Only the top 10 or so from the Challenge Tour get European Tour Cards for the following season. Its like starting in The Conference and trying to get to the Premier League.
As regards The US PGA, BBC coverage last night was on the Red Button and was dire compared to the normal Sky Coverage.
The BBC just haven't moved on i'm afraid.

I didn't even know it was on the red button the useless tossers

I work with a girl who bats off +4 as an amateur. She's won a few comp's, and had the opportunity to go Pro, but the financial commitment for a 1st year Pro Tour player is huge. The rewards are high, but the added pressure of having to make the cut every comp to break even is massive.

I didn't even know it was on the red button the useless tossers

I know. I had to google to see where the Fuck the US PGA had gone!!
Utter shite coverage, still relying on Peter Allis at his age!!!
They've not advertised it being on the Red Button and they have a couple of hours live on BBC2 on Saturday and Sunday!!!
Wankers don't deserve any major sport.
TV License is a joke (but don't get me started on that one)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.