Gonna be a dad.

Congratulations Gaz to you and yours mate. Proper buzzin' for you.

If I was over there, to celebrate I'd give you a night off and cook you both Big Stuey's world famous fish/meat Meze. Then I'd be launching a few Keo's and Zivania's (the proper gear from Troodos) down your throat.

Boy - Frascuelo-De Jong
Girl - Xevera-Kippax

;-)

UPDATE: My Mrs waters broke this morning, 5 weeks before they're supposed to. Bombed it to the general hospital in Paphos shitting myself only to find that they can't do anything there as they don't have special baby care units.

Next stop, Nicosia 2 hrs away. Going home first to get essentials whilst the OH is carted off in an ambulance. Get to Nicosia and my Mrs is wired up on a drip and a heart beat monitor. They have gave her various injections to inhibit the labour process and are monitoring her and the baby's heartbeat.

Just got back to Paphos. It's my first kid and I'm shitting myself. Anyone on here had a similar procedure, and did all go OK?

Hope all goes ok mate, I'm sure it will, our first was a bit similar and worked out fine in the end, I was shitting it with all three of mine, I don't think that feeling ever changes for any parent.

All the best bud.

Prestwich_Blue said:
IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
Hope everything goes well pal.
Me too. Word of advice - keep an eye on that heart monitor and if you're not happy force them to do a section. Don't take no for an answer.

That's what the Mrs wants mate, I'm more worried about the baby surviving. Been told that 5 wks prematurity is nothing. Could have gone private but haven't got the 7000eu asking price.
I know you can't put a price on life but it struck me that all the medical staff and nurses in the Government hospitals are Cypriots, they may not have state of the art equipment like private hospitals, but they're reliable and friendly and I honestly haven't had a bad experience as of yet.

Couple of years ago we did try for a kid in a private clinic and the nurses were eastern European. Needless to say, I found them cold and not as concerned. The Doctors were more professional though. Maybe I've took a big gamble? I hope things go good.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm --<br /><br />
Dirty Harry said:
Hope all goes ok mate, I'm sure it will, our first was a bit similar and worked out fine in the end, I was shitting it with all three of mine, I don't think that feeling ever changes for any parent.

All the best bud.

Cheers mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.