Gooch Gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRAD CTID said:
cheesy

most of the guys come from nothing (smack ead mums no dads etc) and have nothing so most ppl jump on the band wagon maybe start sellin drugs to gain money for the FAMILY

cheesy m8 wud u stand up to these guys they are feared throughout GTR MCR
once they gain them self a little rep and get a bit of money then the girls come then power as bigga said

by this time everyone has heard about u and ppl respect u and there is no turning bak cause a soon as the opposition c u its ON

hope it help u understend a bit better

OK, thanks for that Brad. I guess we need to find a way to show these young men that this lifestyle, in the long run, can only lead to ruin. As GStar says though, there is still the issue of personal responsibility as many people from the same backgrounds don't go down this route.

As for physically standing up to them... yeah, I would if someones life was threatened. I'm not the type to back down and I couldn't live with myself if I thought there was anything I could have done to prevent something happening and I didn't do it. There's another way to stand up to people like this though and that's to be prepared to testify against them in a court of law (as it seems some brave people have been prepared to do in this case).

Kylieylee said:
mrcunny said:
All to do with drugs,get the drug problem sorted and these little shitheads who carry guns will drift back into their scumlife,
I have no respect for anyone who thinks hes above the law and hope they come to grief in any way possible..
by the way its £300 notes to get someone snuffed from where i live.
Also these super hereos are only heroes to no marks/skid marks of the society no normal human being would give them the time of day..

Nout to do with a drug problem, thats just to make fast money!! half of these kids have been abused their whole life, there mothers not caring where they are, dads nowhere to be seen!!! only way they can get in control is to be this way. get them before they get you!!! only way to stop this is to stop kids having kids..... and that wont happen... Will it???

Everything to do with drugs, thats where power comes from these days in these little havens of paradise..
I not sure of the figures but i would expect a high percentage of shootings in manchester are drug related.

mammutly said:
The number of kids who do get involved is a lot fewer than those that don't. The thing is that being 'in' is seen as a thing to envy/aspire to amongst a lot of others who don't. It's about respect and status and in a way, the best and most capable are those who make it in the gangs. They are not a refuge for sad, lonely kids.
Social deprivation creates the conditions for gangs to develop and thrive, but the members are often near the top of the pile rather than being the most deprived.
I actually agree with that, and also what my bestest bud Bigga touched upon in that living on the edge as part of a gang is surely more exciting and dramatic than 'normal' lifestyles.

GStar said:
BRAD CTID said:
cheesy

most of the guys come from nothing (smack ead mums no dads etc) and have nothing so most ppl jump on the band wagon maybe start sellin drugs to gain money for the FAMILY

cheesy m8 wud u stand up to these guys they are feared throughout GTR MCR
once they gain them self a little rep and get a bit of money then the girls come then power as bigga said

by this time everyone has heard about u and ppl respect u and there is no turning bak cause a soon as the opposition c u its ON

hope it help u understend a bit better

i think he understands it fine mate (but thats not for me to say)... but he perhaps just doesn't agree with thier thought pattern.

Theres plenty of people who come from nothing but go on to lead lifes away from gangs, guns and drugs. What has Cheesy (or anyone else) standing up to them got to with anything?

TBF it seems a pretty false perspective they have, if what you say is true, these people aren't exactly 'famous' in Manchester, i bet a hell of a lot more people have no idea who these people are, and they certainatly wont respect them... its a much smaller minority of people who do.

It's interesting how the debate has turned!

There's a lot of assumptions about about why people turn to gangs. Self esteem is quite prominent as a reason. Crap families are a strong one, too. Crap are all sorts; drug parents, violent parents, mentally abusive parents, parents that say they want to put you in Homes, violence in the family, sexual abuse, etc.

The thing is about Life is that many paths are there for you, but you don't always see the choices, early on. Along certain paths are people you can relate to. It all depends on who those people are and what feelings are driving you the most, at that time, that dictate who influences you.

I know that all bad paths converge to a road away IF you choose to do so. At all times, when being on the Other Road, you can see the alternative path you could be on. It's called Temptation and Choice.

Be thankful for small mercies.

Bigga said:

There's a lot of assumptions about about why people turn to gangs. Self esteem is quite prominent as a reason. Crap families are a strong one, too. Crap are all sorts; drug parents, violent parents, mentally abusive parents, parents that say they want to put you in Homes, violence in the family, sexual abuse, etc.

The thing is about Life is that many paths are there for you, but you don't always see the choices, early on. Along certain paths are people you can relate to. It all depends on who those people are and what feelings are driving you the most, at that time, that dictate who influences you.

I know that all bad paths converge to a road away IF you choose to do so. At all times, when being on the Other Road, you can see the alternative path you could be on. It's called Temptation and Choice.

As so not to appear totally stupid, are ther assumptions people are jumping to (family - or lack of, self esteem etc) realistic, accurate and rational stereotypes to jump to?

I just think if it was me, and i came from something like that, i wouldn't really see gang culture as a 'way out' or a 'shining light'. I think my mentality would be to put my head down, prove people wrong and show everyone and myself what im capable of (he says turning 22 tomorrow).

It seems that (and i already confess to knowing little about the whole situation) that gangs appeal because of the idealisation of what being a "gangster" is and when pushed the line; "I've got nothing, what do you expect" is an easy cop out to tow.

Cue awfull comparison. Robinho, Kaka, Ronaldinho ad nausea all grow up in and around the flavela's of Brazil where gang culture is rife... yet rather than rob and kill they play football with any object they can, they work at their skill and now they're multi millionaires, respected by many, role models for some and have made more for themselves than the average "gang banger" on the street. Infact look at people at the top of many professions and you'll see that thier story usually involves some form of hardship or tradgey growing up, it seems to be what gives them the drive and desire to be the best. Surely this route can be pedaled just as hard as; drop out, sell dope, attack anyone wearing a certain colour or whatever the rules are? Am i missing something/

GStar said:
Bigga said:

As so not to appear totally stupid, are ther assumptions people are jumping to (family - or lack of, self esteem etc) realistic, accurate and rational stereotypes to jump to?

I just think if it was me, and i came from something like that, i wouldn't really see gang culture as a 'way out' or a 'shining light'. I think my mentality would be to put my head down, prove people wrong and show everyone and myself what im capable of (he says turning 22 tomorrow).

It seems that (and i already confess to knowing little about the whole situation) that gangs appeal because of the idealisation of what being a "gangster" is and when pushed the line; "I've got nothing, what do you expect" is an easy cop out to tow.

Cue awfull comparison. Robinho, Kaka, Ronaldinho ad nausea all grow up in and around the flavela's of Brazil where gang culture is rife... yet rather than rob and kill they play football with any object they can, they work at their skill and now they're multi millionaires, respected by many, role models for some and have made more for themselves than the average "gang banger" on the street. Infact look at people at the top of many professions and you'll see that thier story usually involves some form of hardship or tradgey growing up, it seems to be what gives them the drive and desire to be the best. Surely this route can be pedaled just as hard as; drop out, sell dope, attack anyone wearing a certain colour or whatever the rules are? Am i missing something/

You're missing everything.

Look closely at my post.

pa613187_175x175.jpg

Dya reckon the police got him out of bed early?

i think you are all missing the point. Which is hilarious really. Gooch gang. A gooch is the piece of skin between a womans nawny and her arse or a blokes he-he and his hole, so there's a bunch of fuckwits going around acting hard named after the piece of skin between a persons wotsits and starfish.. quite ironic I think

sdavros said:
i think you are all missing the point. Which is hilarious really. Gooch gang. A gooch is the piece of skin between a womans nawny and her arse or a blokes he-he and his hole, so there's a bunch of fuckwits going around acting hard named after the piece of skin between a persons wotsits and starfish.. quite ironic I think

Exactly what I was about to say. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.