good book suggestions

lovecityhateunited

alright lads, goin away next week need a good book to read, was going to read manchester united ruined my life but after the comments that schindler bastard has made i will not b reading it. gonna miss the bloody wolves game but im probably the only blue thats glad the pompey game was put back to sunday cos im back the saturday night.

Ted Simons - Jupiters Travels
Caesar - The Conquest of Gaul
Evan Wainwright - Generation Kill
Herbert Asbury - Gangs of New York
Machiavelli - The Prince
Sun Tzu - The Art of War
John Dickie - Cosa Nostra

Personal favourites:

Humour: What's My Motivation by Michael Simkins (very, very funny account of an actor's life as an extra in shit programmes and plays)

Autobiography: Parky's book is great - lots of anecdotes about all the stars he's interviewed. Les Dennis' book (I'm not joking!) is also very good.

Fiction: Birdsong, Sebastian Faulks. One of the best novels in the last 20 years; all about World War I but with a love story intertwined. Brought a tear to my hardened eye...

Sport: Provided You Don't Kiss Me by Duncan Hamilton. Amazing account of Brian Clough by the local journalist who had daily dealings with him.

Enjoy your hols!

lovecityhateunited said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
If you haven't read it already, read Blue Moon: Down Among The Dead Men With Manchester City by Mark Hodkinson.

no i have not really read many city books( apart from things like farewell to maine rd and books like that), which is strange considering im obsessed with everything city.
Well the Blue Moon book is probably the best City book I've ever read. It's from the viewpoint of the author who commentates on the whole 1998/99 season by including his columns in The Times (the paper thought it'd be good to document how we fared in Div 2 seeing as we'd managed to cock-up spectacularly by even our standards) with some great writing of his own opinions with little bits of City humour throughout. It ends with the play-off final and I'd recommend this book beofre any other to a City fan or just a fan in general. It really depicts us well.

Alan Brazil's books are quite good,i read em both on holiday (not all football football football) you can have em both off me for a fiver !!
I even drop em off for ya !!
PM me if you want em

Phuk Tifano said:
Personal favourites:

Humour: What's My Motivation by Michael Simkins (very, very funny account of an actor's life as an extra in shit programmes and plays)

Autobiography: Parky's book is great - lots of anecdotes about all the stars he's interviewed. Les Dennis' book (I'm not joking!) is also very good.

Fiction: Birdsong, Sebastian Faulks. One of the best novels in the last 20 years; all about World War I but with a love story intertwined. Brought a tear to my hardened eye...

Sport: Provided You Don't Kiss Me by Duncan Hamilton. Amazing account of Brian Clough by the local journalist who had daily dealings with him.

Enjoy your hols!

thanks mate gonna try birdsong, someone mentioned this book to me a while back and gave similar comments to you, off to amazon now to purchase.

cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.