Good news: City ready to spend big again

The funny thing about transfer threads is people wanting players sold that everyone was raving about in previous transfer threads. Its like a kid at christmas.

Don't know why people have 'transfer lists' where its along the lines of 15 out and 8 in. I highly doubt we'll see such a huge turn over in players.

Not one to throw in a football manager shout but I'm bored as hell. Here it goes...

Out:
Dzeko - £15 million
Jovetic - £16 million
Yaya - £18 million
Milner - free
Richards- £3 million
Nasri- £22 million
Kolarov - £10 million
Lampard- free
Sagna - free
Richard Wright - free
Rekik - £6 million
Guidetti - free
Sinclair - £3 million
Boyata - free

Total - £93 million. (£126 million if you include Nastasic/Negredo fees)

In:
De Bruyne - £40 million
Kurzawa - £12.5 million
Pogba - £55 million
Brahimi - £25 million
Schneiderlin - £20 million
Clyne - £24 million

Total - £177.5 million (however I can see us buying a few more experienced squad players)

Net spend - £51.5 million

25 man squad.

.........................................Hart (HG).......................................

Clyne (HG)..........,Kompany...........Mangala..............Kurzawa

....................................Schneiderlin (HG)..............................

........................Pogba...........................Ferna........................

..............Silva...................................................De Bruyne....

..........................................Aguero.........................................

Starting 11 average age - 25.27

Willy
Lopes (HG)
Navas
Zabaleta
Brahimi
Bony
Demichelis
Fernando
Zuculini
Clichy (HG)
Denayer (HG)

EDS
Barker (HG)
Pozo (HG)
Iheanacho (HG)

Average squad age - 25

Well if we are going to play FM this is what I would do in the summer

Sell

Caballero (3 million)

Sagna (3 million)
Kolarov (7 million)
Boyata (5 million)
Nastasic (all ready done 7 million?)
Richards (free)

Fernando (5 million)
Lampard (free)
Nasri (20 million)
Navas (10 million)
Yaya (20 million)
Sinclair (3 million)

Guidetti (free)
Dzeko (20 million)
Jovetic (18 million)

Total £121 million

Buy

Schneiderlin (20 million)
Sterling (50 million)
Bale (60 million)
Pogba (60 million) or Barkley & Koke (65 million)
Ings (Free)
2nd choice keeper - (less than 2 million) cant be worse than what we have now.

Total £192 million

Works out at around £70 million / £75 million and im assuming with the increase CL revenue and potential new Etihad deal an extra 20 million on top of this seasons net spend would be ok. We could even splash out on a new full back if we get more sponsors ;-) (Clyne/Kurzawa)

It would leave us

GK's - Hart, (2nd choice), Wright
DEF's - Zabaleta, Clichy, Rekik, Denayer, Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis
MID's - Fernandinho, Pogba (or Barkley & Koke depending on preference), Milner, Zuculini (loan out), Silva, Sterling, Schneiderlin, Bale, Lopes (loan out)
FOR's - Aguero, Bony, Ings

That would mean a squad of 20/21 and fill in the rest with academy players to give them a go. It also means at least 11 HG players.

If we are making huge changes we might as well do it all in the summer and get it over with.

Pogba and Bale.

That's the two I want.

Kurzawa for left back, possibly De Bruyne too if we can get a good fee for Nasri. Alex Song would be a good player for centre midfield, reasonably cheap from Barcelona I think and he's homegrown. Promote Marcos Lopes and Jason Denayer.

Quite a big clear-out this summer I reckon. I could see Yaya, Nasri, Navas and Jovetic all leaving. Probably Kolarov and Boyata too. Hopefully we can extend Milner's contract, I think he's basically irreplaceable.

IN:
Bale - £70 million
Pogba - £50 million
De Bruyne - £35 million
Kurzawa - £15 million
Song - £12 million

OUT:
Yaya - £30 million
Negredo - £25 million
Nasri - £20 million
Jovetic - £18 million
Navas - £12 million
Kolarov - £8 million
Nastasic - £7 million
Boyata - £3 million

I think that's fairly realistic, with both player and fees. I'd love that scenario to happen, we need to freshen up the squad with top, young players this summer.

Starting 11 (4-2-3-1):

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Mangala--Kurzawa
---------Fernandinho-------Pogba-------------
----Bale---------------Silva-----------De Bruyne
------------------------Aguero----------------------

TSGHutchison said:
Most realistic view that I can see:

Out:
Guidetti (Free)
Richards (Free)
Negredo (£25m)
Kolarov (£7m)
Jovetic (£18m)
Nasri (£20m)
Dzeko (£20m)
Yaya Toure (£25m)

Total Inflow from player sales: £115m

Negredo money has already been spent.

bluechampion7891 said:
Ballertelli said:
How to kill this summer : (all prices in euros according to transfermarket.com)

Sell:
- caballero (5 million)
- boyata (1 million)
- Kolarov (11 million)
- Sagna (free)
- Fernando (16 million)
- Yaya (28 million)
-Lampard (free)
-Milner (free)* * would love to keep him but i dont think its realistic
-navas (20 million)
- Jovetic (20 million)
- Dzeko (24 million)
- Sinclair (3 million)
- Negredo (25 milion)
- Guidetti (3.5 million)
- Nasri (21 million)
- Richards (7.5 million)
- Nastasic (13 million)

Total gain: 198 million Euros

Buy:
-Paul Pogba (50 million)
-Raheem Sterling (30 million)
- Gareth bale (80 million)
- Kevin De Bruyne (28 million)
- Ricardo Rodriguez (28 million)
- Nathaniel Clyne (12 million)

Total lost: 228 million Euros

net cost: ~30 million Euros

That leaves the squad with 17 players (10 of which foreign) and lets say we bring up 4 youth players up, we can find some free transfer like a veteran striker, a veteran keeper, and some midfielders. Bring on the champions league with the scary thought of our attack being bale kun sterling and silva and sound defense with young talent behind the starters to rest the vets. Bring Zuculini lopes and Rekik back from loans, promote one of the young strikers (pozo or iheanacho) and the keeper Lawler.... Well within ffp and have a serious champions league contending team.

please stop.

your the one who said de bruyne would go for 20M

Clyne in reported to go to united for 21M

cant be bothered to comment further

Never said de bruyne would go for 20M bud but nice try, the original post on the de bruyne thread says we were going to try to get him for 20M and I said that would be an absolute steal but hey I get that people find it more interesting to just put random words in other people's mouths... And I was just going off of a website's values, especially with 99% of the transfer rumors you hear are absolute shite.

Oh well, if we're spending crazy money...
Hart
Zaba
Vinnie
Mangler
Clichy
Koke
Pogba
Reus
Silva
Bale
Aguero

Sell Dzeko, Jovetic, Nasri, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, Frank & Milner gone on a free.

Bring back Denayer, Lopes, Rekik and promote a couple of youngsters. Txiki's gonna be busy this year!

I dont think we need more than 6 signings, with maybe half of them starters but at least 5 of them with the potential to be starters in 9-18 months time. Infact a max of 6 new signings. A maximum of 3 players recalled from loan or promoted. A lot would depend on the formation we choose to play. But this is what we need roughly over the next summer (most likely two summers):
- 2xFullbacks
- 2xCMs
- 2xAttackers (where attacker is loosely used - depending on the system it can be winger+striker (442) or 2 wingers (4231) or a versatile forwards (433))

Depending on how quickly we want to overhaul the squad, these attackers and CMs can either both be starting XI quality or a mix of proven talent and potential/backup signings

Whoever is in charge, regardless of the formation, we would need:
- 1 starting quality CM for the probably departing Toure (Pogba, Koke, Gundogan)
- another CM for the departing Lampard. This can be a starter if we truly want a new midfield (one of the above three but could be expanded to include the likes of Schniderlin), or a rotation option (Khedira, Song), or a prospect player (Barkley, Tielemans) who would eventually be the successor to Fernandinho
- a versatile "attacking" midfielder to replace the departing Milner. I would give this spot to Lopes. He won't be burdened with responsibility but will get plenty of time to develop
- 1 starting quality "attacker" to replace Nasri (Bale, Sterling, De Bruyne, Reus would be at the top of the list, but at a push you could include Lacazette and Dybala). should be a goal scorer
- 1 left back with the potential to surpass Clichy (Rodriguez, Gaya) for the departing Kolarov

So 4 signings (at least 2 starting quality, although all 4 can be starters too) and 1 promotion at the minimum.
Out: Lampard, Milner, Toure, Nasri, Kolarov
And we can play Pellegrini's 4222 with 2 players per position

However, unless Nasri's replacement or either one of the CM is HG, we are going to need to sell at least one of Dzeko and Jovetic. Give the 4th strikers spot to Iheanacho or make it an EDS player spot.

Realistically though we are probably going to sell both Dzeko and Jovetic, and this would allow us to choose a different system. So:
- for 4222, buy either Lacazette or Dybala or Vietto, and use Iheanacho or an EDS players as 4th choice striker
- for 4231 or a 433 with Silva as a cm, buy another starting quality winger (Bale, Sterling, De Bruyne, Reus, Depay) and use Iheancho or an EDS player as 3rd choice striker
- for 433 with Silva as a wide forward, buy another starting quality CM (Pogba, Koke, Gundogan, Schniderlin e.g), use Iheanacho as 3rd choice striker

So potentially a 5th signing, either of starting or close to starting quality, and a 2nd promotion from youth.

Then depending on whether Sagna wants out or not, we could need another RB. I'd choose Clyne who is easily good enough to start and will sort of balance the pace on the left hand side of the defence. In fact if we have finds I would like to make this signing, we'd get a HG English player who could easily give 7-8 years of top service. But not a necessary purchase, but would be the 6th purchase if we so choose to

And depending on Boyata's situation and the progress of Denayor, we could promote him and sell Boyata (3rd promotion)

So anywhere from 5 to 9 new faces, although I think the realistic number would be at least 6, most likely 7.

Daz_Blue said:
HART

ZABBA KOMPS MANGALA RODRIGUEZ (15M)

SCHNEIDERLIN (25M)

KOKE (40M) POGBA ( 60)M SILVA BALE ( 60M)

AGUERO

Subs FROM STEELE (7m), JANMAAT (10M), MDM, CLICHY, FERNANDINHO , LOPES, BONY , LACAZETTE,(30M) MILNER, DENAYER, INGS ( Free)

247M SPENT

Sell WILLY, KOLAROV, FERNANDO, NAVAS, NASRI, JOVETIC, DZEKO, BOYATA, RICHARDS, SAGNA, REKIK , YAYA , SINCLAIR

That should bring in 120m NET spend 127m

don't you just love football manager :)

£7,000,000 for Boro's 3rd choice keeper that they've sent out on loan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.