GOOD RIDDANCE.....SETANTA>>>GOING BUST!!!

quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
This is very bad news, competition is a good thing.

But when you have to pay Sky anyway in order to get Setanta, what's the point? It just means the consumer is paying more for a product (football viewing) than having a clear 'choice', seeing as they don;t show the same games anyway.

We don't, get it on Virgin. Plus the competition is good for the clubs as well, not necessarily the just the customers.

pee dubya said:
quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
This is very bad news, competition is a good thing.

But when you have to pay Sky anyway in order to get Setanta, what's the point? It just means the consumer is paying more for a product (football viewing) than having a clear 'choice', seeing as they don;t show the same games anyway.

We don't, get it on Virgin. Plus the competition is good for the clubs as well, not necessarily the just the customers.

So you pay Virgin first before you can pay Setanta.

Besides, it's not competition like 'oh which chocolate bar do I buy to taste chocolate' ...if you want to watch every possible game, you have to have both subscriptions, therefore paying more than we were before.

Daft in my opinion.

tbh i'm glad setanta are going bust, not on a personal level, but just the fact i havent got it, and can now watch england games :)

I like watching the Setanta news channel for the shit comments at the bottom from shit fans.

One I saw earlier, "We are too good for Messi and Xavi, we want David Villa' - (name) - Chelsea Fan

if you think sky is dear now just wait..........its in a good cause though murdoch family fortune, players wages etc

I think this would open up a market for a proper competitor to Sky, however it will not be until the next large bunch of TV rights go on sale that this opportunity can be taken (which is a shame since Setanta just got fuck all for the next 4 or so years).

Seriously, if I had a couple of billion in capital behind me, I'd consider it. Outbid Sky for at least 40% of premier league coverage, get the fa cups, SPL, some crucial european matches & internationals on top of that and offer it all over the EU. Could work. ADUG, your move..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.