GOOD RIDDANCE.....SETANTA>>>GOING BUST!!!

quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
This is very bad news, competition is a good thing.

But when you have to pay Sky anyway in order to get Setanta, what's the point? It just means the consumer is paying more for a product (football viewing) than having a clear 'choice', seeing as they don;t show the same games anyway.

YOU DONT AV 2 AV SKY 2 GET SETANTA.. U CAN PURCHASE A CARD 2 VIEW IT THROUGH UR FREE VIEW BOX / TV

quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
This is very bad news, competition is a good thing.

But when you have to pay Sky anyway in order to get Setanta, what's the point? It just means the consumer is paying more for a product (football viewing) than having a clear 'choice', seeing as they don;t show the same games anyway.

YOU DONT AV 2 AV SKY 2 GET SETANTA.. U CAN PURCHASE A CARD 2 VIEW IT THROUGH UR FREE VIEW BOX / TV

Take all of the packaging and branding out of the equation and mute your tellys next time a match is on,Then compare skys coverage of football matches to the others.

Compared to ITV,Setenata,skys coverage of the "actual" match is light years ahead of its rivals. Number of cameras/angles/direction etc

The awfull camera work and appauling direction of itvs fa/uefa cup coverage this year was embarasing,Ive worked for all 3 and the difference is like comparing a premeir league club with a non-league club

Moan about comentators,match choices,price to subscribe all you look but in terms of coverage you cant knock sky.

The beeb are the only ones who get close,would love to see them grab one of the packages

nmc said:
ESPN will see this as a route into UK Sports broadcasting. Hopefully they can give Sky some competition.

Yep,With their experience they could well pull it off but given the current financial situation worldwide itd take a very brave broadcaster to try and tap into a brand new market for the kinda money they have to pay

Just look at setanta,im sure they thought theyd easily get the 1.9 million subscibers needed yet they only got just over half of that!

Setana broadcasts some half decent coverage of football especially the Bundesliga which i like to watch but the commentators they've got on premiership matches are awful and for anyone who's got Sky HD and trying to watch a match on Setanta is awful, the picture quality is embarassing however i wouldn't like to see them go under which would mean lots of people lose their jobs so i home they come through it

Can't be doing with Sky or Setanta. 19 home games at COMS, a few reserve games, MOTD and all the live stuff on the internet, ITV and Channel 5 will do for me.

Well the EU's much lauded "competition" for Premier League broadcasting in this country was just a complete and utter failure.

They should have stipulated that the 6th package remains exclusive to free to air broadcasters. All that has happened with this new system is that Sky etc have to bid high amounts to guarantee the packages and pass on those costs to the customer. And because Sky couldn't win all 6 Setanta came in meaning that to view all available games you need subscriptions to both. Joy for the customer.

Not surprising though, as the EU has never really cared about free markets.

I do wonder if anybody picks up the UFC rights though. I doubt it, which is a shame..

Why should any part of the professional football industry be forced to sell any live TV rights to free to air TV?

Live football on TV is not a necessity.

I'd prefer the government to concentrate on important issues like health, education and defence, not trivia like live football on TV.

urmston said:
Why should any part of the professional football industry be forced to sell any live TV rights to free to air TV?

I think you completely missed my point.

pavari said:
Don't get it here, but if someone can step in (ESPN?) and open up options for those of us in the states it would be great. FSC carried a decent number of games, but I had to watch more than half of our games on the web...

I too hope there are more options in the States. Because of Setanta this year I was able to watch every City game (other than the Cup games). I hope to be able to continue seeing every game, and not on the internet.

Moreover, Setanta offers so much more EPL when compared to FSC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.