Goodbye A380

I’ve done some super long flights on the Tri-Star after 4 tours of the Falklands... I always thought the flight was pretty comfortable

Our son is joining the RAF Voyager Sqn on promotion , It’s the Airbus now used for Military flights where the Tri-Star used to be employed... Great for him as he’ll get all his civvy engineering licenses

If any were between 95 and 99, you're welcome ;-)
although we only had to go half way with a crew change in ASI.

If any were between 95 and 99, you're welcome ;-)
although we only had to go half way with a crew change in ASI.

They were... thanks, I left in 2005

Broke down on my last tour on the way home and had a couple of days at ASI ...

Did 2 tours of Cyprus too so i’ve done a few miles on them... Good old 704 and 705 (can’t remember which one had the issue trying to avoid the Air Trafficker and the very heavy landing) .. but I never experienced any issues

I’ve done some super long flights on the Tri-Star after 4 tours of the Falklands... I always thought the flight was pretty comfortable

Our son is joining the RAF Voyager Sqn on promotion , It’s the Airbus now used for Military flights where the Tri-Star used to be employed... Great for him as he’ll get all his civvy engineering licenses

Its passengers spoke highly of it's prowess and much lower noise emissions and eastern nicked it the whisperer with it's improved reliability and higher efficiency.A really nice aircraft of the day but somewhat expensive compared to the dc10's but I guess it was more expensive for a reason.

Last edited:
It’s going to be flying for another 30 years and there’ll be over 300 of them in total, so they’re hardly being taken away any time soon.
It will but my point still stands that there could be an engineer that can design an biggest, most reliable, fastest, environmentally friendly, and comfortable plane but it will remain on paper because the outlay to build will be too much and airlines won't buy it.

Its passengers spoke highly of it's prowess and much lower noise emissions and eastern nicked it the whisperer with it's improved reliability and higher efficiency.A really nice aircraft of the day but somewhat expensive compared to the dc10's but I guess it was more expensive for a reason.
Went out to a breakdown on a refueller at Akrotiri during the 1st Gulf War.

I was stood on the top of the tanker next to a B-Cal DC-10 watching a valve on the truck during the refuel and noticed that a massive part of the wing surface on the underside was missing.. told the guy doing a walk round and he said thanks.. noted it and it took off shortly afterward.. clearly not totally necessary when you realise how a wing works..

Classic case of the Airline industry dictating to passengers - building huge planes to fly hub to hub but passengers didn’t want that - they want to fly from their regional airport to their final destination. Airlines now having to buy smaller aircraft to serve more routes and do what the passenger wants. Airlines like BA being outflanked having everything in Heathrow - people want to go to Zurich, New York or Frankfurt etc from Manchester or Edinburgh.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.