Goodbye Manchester

Born and dragged up in Newton Heath.
Ten years just across the border in Failsworth, then twenty four years in Marland, between Heywood and Rochdale.
Today we moved to Poulton Le Fylde. Feels weird to be away from Manc, but right for us now too.
Cheers.
Brought up in Newton Heath in the 60s moved to Wiltshire in 1969 but have be going back to see the mighty blues until my missus got secondary ms so sadly now cannot get up as am her carer so have missed the last couple of years of world domination .although I was only 8 when we moved I have fond memories of briscoe lane primary school playing in Brookdale park and standing on the platform of Clayton bridge watching the steam trains and the demon barber in Scotland hall road who always used to nick my ear with his scissors and the power ball factory somewhere near Clayton bridge. The next door neighbour in Amos avenue who was a rag and even at the tender age of 7 I used to take the piss out of according to my old chap. We had fuck all but I was happy and was gutted to leave my friends behind. David beswick and Kenneth beswick and Billy Lyons.55 tears on and I still remember. Sorry to rant on

Brought up in Newton Heath in the 60s moved to Wiltshire in 1969 but have be going back to see the mighty blues until my missus got secondary ms so sadly now cannot get up as am her carer so have missed the last couple of years of world domination .although I was only 8 when we moved I have fond memories of briscoe lane primary school playing in Brookdale park and standing on the platform of Clayton bridge watching the steam trains and the demon barber in Scotland hall road who always used to nick my ear with his scissors and the power ball factory somewhere near Clayton bridge. The next door neighbour in Amos avenue who was a rag and even at the tender age of 7 I used to take the piss out of according to my old chap. We had fuck all but I was happy and was gutted to leave my friends behind. David beswick and Kenneth beswick and Billy Lyons.55 tears on and I still remember. Sorry to rant on

Sad news about your missus mate, best of luck to the both of you.

Born and dragged up in Newton Heath.
Ten years just across the border in Failsworth, then twenty four years in Marland, between Heywood and Rochdale.
Today we moved to Poulton Le Fylde. Feels weird to be away from Manc, but right for us now too.
Cheers.
3 lads behind me in 306, luckily jumped ship from the smelly shithole they call Manchester. One moved to Poulton LF a few year's back, said it was the best move he's ever made. The other two moved to Lytham, likewise, love the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.