Goodbye Manchester

Moved out of Heywood in 2007 and but for the odd family visit, never been back.

Life moves on…
Leaving Heywood is the easy part.
Moved out in 1998 after living there all my life upto then.
Visit my mum up there and that's about it

The grass isn't always greener, i moved to Rochdale in the early 90's for a year but couldn't get on with the strange language,food and culture, i've never seen so many people wearing bay city roller and who shot JR t-shirts, good luck buddy i have a friend who lives in Poulton and he loves it, they also have a cracking carboot at Norcross

Born and dragged up in Newton Heath.
Ten years just across the border in Failsworth, then twenty four years in Marland, between Heywood and Rochdale.
Today we moved to Poulton Le Fylde. Feels weird to be away from Manc, but right for us now too.
Cheers.
I remember when we were moving from Woodley I just had to go to Maine Road and I walked around with my memories. Enjoy you new life, to new beginnings.

Lytham is one of a few places on my radar in the next year. Lived in Manchester all my life and go out in town at least once a week. I’m not as down on it as some, but we were in Liverpool last weekend and it’s far cleaner and dare I say friendlier. There’s a lot to do in Manchester in regards to litter, graffiti and homelessness. I live in a nice part of GM and would probably miss it but we’ve lived in the same house for 25 years so a change is due. Also looking at some of the nice outlying towns of Chester, Tattenhall/Christleton etc.

Good luck with the move, hope it suits you.

Lytham is one of a few places on my radar in the next year. Lived in Manchester all my life and go out in town at least once a week. I’m not as down on it as some, but we were in Liverpool last weekend and it’s far cleaner and dare I say friendlier. There’s a lot to do in Manchester in regards to litter, graffiti and homelessness. I live in a nice part of GM and would probably miss it but we’ve lived in the same house for 25 years so a change is due. Also looking at some of the nice outlying towns of Chester, Tattenhall/Christleton etc.

Good luck with the move, hope it suits you.
Hope you’ve started saving up, house prices are a bit heavy. Lovely place though.

I live in Greater Manchester but since leaving my job based in the NQ 6 months ago I could count the number of times I’ve been to the city centre on one hand.

Since Covid lockdowns really I just don’t like being in big cities and prefer to spend my time in more relaxing environments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.