Goodbye Martin.

C_T_I_D

If there is anyone with any doubt that Martin Petrov will leave at the end of the season then I would love your reasons why you believe that.

The main reason I feel he will leave is his moody, sulky nature and his disinterested play at times. He was absolutely dreadful against Portsmouth and put in no effort whatsoever.

If Mancini really wanted to keep a player whose deal expires in the summer transfer window then he would have started negotiations a while back now. I may be wrong and this may be going on behind the scenes but for me the signing of Adam (almost typed Michael there!) Johnson was the writing on the wall in my books and the preperation for his departure long-term.

Is there anyone with an opposing feeling to this? It has a bit of a feeling of inevitability about it.

i said it a long time ago and ill say it once again.
martin petrov isnt good enough, hes lazy and pussy foots around to much.
i will not be to bothered when he leaves.

Here's me thinking Adebayor was nailed on to be the boo-boy after Robinho.

At least Petrov fits the stereotype for the fans that like to watch cloggers

Moody
Doesn't track back
Doesn't tackle
bad inlufence in the dressing room
Can't play away from COMS
Has 1 good game in 10

Anymore haters?

Big hit for himself with all the name pointing when he scores.
If he went into a 80/20 challenge in his favour he would pull out.
Absolute Jessie and cheerio.

Timperley_blue said:
I love him. Deal with it.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a cracking player when he's on his game but them games are too few and far between for me to really take to him. You compare his effort with that of Carlos and there's no comparison. He's scored some important goals for us, his pace is brilliant when he can be arsed to use it.

For me, this isn't about him being the boo boy, this is basically admitting that he's likely to move on and me wishing him all the best and being glad that we've got a young promising british lad to replace him.

yeah, think he's off. I did hear two people in The Townley on Sat after the game argueing about him, one was saying he's as bad as Robinho for not trying. Personally I think top players play well in 7-8 games out of 10, then the next lot play well in 5 out of 10. Petrov (and Robinho for that matter) play well in 3-4 out of 10, enough said!

Petrov's a good player to have in the squad but shouldn't be in the first XI. He's got a great left foot but has lost a lot of pace over the last year and due to his age is too scared to take players on in case he gets tackled and injured. He's not going to endear himself to fans with his attitude and is severely one-footed, so much so that defenders can literally allow him the space to take the ball inside (from left wing) or round the outside (right wing) and he'll refuse and choose to pass backwards or sideways. That said he's scored some good goals this season and has helped us out during injury crisises. I hope he goes abroad though so he doesn't come back to haunt us, I'd hate his "1 good game out of 10" to be against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.