Gordon McQueen

Maybe Will have to wear head guards like cech did
Won't stop concussions or repetitive impact things like dementia. Those helmets will protect your skull from fractures but they won't do much to stop your brain being bounced around inside your skull.

My mate used to go out with his daughter. My mate played for Boro in the Cup Final & after the game he introduced me to Gordon McQueen. Great bloke but very scary & I would never disagree with him. Nearly broke my hand when he shook it.

They're going to end up banning heading altogether, people may as well start getting used to the idea.
I suspect that if/when that happens, we'd all get used to it after a couple of years and it'd seem really weird watching footage of old games with headers.

If there's a real problem, I'm okay with a heading ban, but dementia numbers are on the rise generally, at least in part due to better diagnosis - I hope there's a careful study of footballers who headed the ball a lot v people who didn't before any final decisions are made (in the meantime, I support banning headers for kids games, and/or reducing the minimum pressure requirement for the ball - there's a massive difference between heading a ball at full pressure and one that's slightly softer).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.