Gordons last night

Dear friends, What can I say? Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart, words can not say how I feel at this moment, I never thought I would see my beloved City live again, until you wonderful fans made it possible for me, some results didn't go our way, but that's football, and we are use to it, but a huge change is coming for the better, I can feel it, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.

Events that really stand out for me were seeing my family again after ten years and cousins I had never seen, this was really something.Other than seeing live football, was the day I went to the Lancashire cricket opening match with Gaz & Ste, and guess what? I got bloody sun burned, after spending fourty one years in Australia and not getting burned, it had to happen in Rags Territory.

Then there was the night with the Bedbury Blues where I met my hero Bert Trautmann, with big Joe Corrigan thrown in, this night I will never forget thanks to Gaz, Ste, Ann Marie, Sue Clark, Mick, and I'm so sorry if I cant remember the other names, but you know who you are, and I love you all.

I would like to say thank you to you guys who I shared the mini bus with down to Arsenal, and Paul who sold me the ticket, and to Bill who give me a lift home from Manchester in the early hours of the morning.

Then there was lunch with Mike Summerbee, and a chat about the 1969 Cup Final. And the Villa game where my wife and I were guest in the Directors lounge, where we had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Mercer, Mr Halford, Paul Dickov, and Franny Lee.

Then there was the night where the fans met Roberto Mancini, Vincent Kompany, and Adam Johnson, and I also met other Blue Mooners, one I will never forget, because he give me his special City Etihad cap, I don't think it will see light of day again, it will be mounted on a stand in my den, thanks Alister.

In Conclusion I would like to thank Danny Wilson for looking after my wife and I with Match Tickets, Ground tours and meeting VIP in the Directors Lounge.

To Gareth, Ste, Ann Marie, Sue Clark, Alister, Mick, Dean, Bill, all you guys from Brebury Blues, Im so sorry if I cant remember all your names, and thank you to all you Blue Mooners who made this trip of a lifetime very special for me.
And a very special thank you to the person who made it possible for my wife to join me on this trip.

Thank you, Thank you, I love you all

Kind regards

Gordon, (Dollyblue)

dollyblue said:
Dear friends, What can I say? Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart, words can not say how I feel at this moment, I never thought I would see my beloved City live again, until you wonderful fans made it possible for me, some results didn't go our way, but that's football, and we are use to it, but a huge change is coming for the better, I can feel it, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.

Events that really stand out for me were seeing my family again after ten years and cousins I had never seen, this was really something.Other than seeing live football, was the day I went to the Lancashire cricket opening match with Gaz & Ste, and guess what? I got bloody sun burned, after spending fourty one years in Australia and not getting burned, it had to happen in Rags Territory.

Then there was the night with the Bedbury Blues where I met my hero Bert Trautmann, with big Joe Corrigan thrown in, this night I will never forget thanks to Gaz, Ste, Ann Marie, Sue Clark, Mick, and I'm so sorry if I cant remember the other names, but you know who you are, and I love you all.

I would like to say thank you to you guys who I shared the mini bus with down to Arsenal, and Paul who sold me the ticket, and to Bill who give me a lift home from Manchester in the early hours of the morning.

Then there was lunch with Mike Summerbee, and a chat about the 1969 Cup Final. And the Villa game where my wife and I were guest in the Directors lounge, where we had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Mercer, Mr Halford, Paul Dickov, and Franny Lee.

Then there was the night where the fans met Roberto Mancini, Vincent Kompany, and Adam Johnson, and I also met other Blue Mooners, one I will never forget, because he give me his special City Etihad cap, I don't think it will see light of day again, it will be mounted on a stand in my den, thanks Alister.

In Conclusion I would like to thank Danny Wilson for looking after my wife and I with Match Tickets, Ground tours and meeting VIP in the Directors Lounge.

To Gareth, Ste, Ann Marie, Sue Clark, Alister, Mick, Dean, Bill, all you guys from Brebury Blues, Im so sorry if I cant remember all your names, and thank you to all you Blue Mooners who made this trip of a lifetime very special for me.
And a very special thank you to the person who made it possible for my wife to join me on this trip.

Kind regards

Gordon, (Dollyblue)

Bump.

Apologies that this took so long to be approved, obviously not many mods been on here so far today.

your a true legend gordon pleasure to be in your company hope life weather etc good in oz have a great summer sautumn winter or spring whatever order they comein
dollyblue said:

Kind regards

Gordon, (Dollyblue)

blue1969 said:
As long as I have supported this wonderful club, Blues have always been the same. If a kid needed coppers to get in the kippax, guys always put their hands in their pockets.

You never left a Blue in trouble, be it stuck for transport or 'out numbered'.

We still do this today. Tickets are sold to fellow Blues at face value, and lifts are still given,coaches cars and mini buses going out their way.

This effort for Gordon, just shows no matter what the financial position the club now finds its self we as supporters have not and will never loose our roots.

CTID

3 years to the day and it still rings true. thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.