Gorton stabbings

It's weird to think that when I was a very little kid I lived in a house that backed onto the houses in that street.

Mind you, Gorton was very different back then. What they used to call the 'respectable working class'. It was unusual if your Dad didn't have work, and if your Mum was on her own it was usually because she was a widow.
I love Gorton, I've lived here all.my life and will never leave but let's not romanticise the past.

Single mum's, of which there were many, we're alone because their feckless husbands had fucked off or were locked up.

There was real poverty. The most malnourished kids were dirty and neglected and depended on charity from local churches.

I also remember it being a scary place. There were places you didn't go. The flats near the Monastery were especially frightening. I remember being late for school one day and getting battered and robbed cutting through there.

There was a distinct split between the catholics and the protestants. No real animosity but as a catlick, school and social life revolved around the Monastery and we had much less contact with the proddy dogs than was probably desirable.

The respectable working classes did exist and probably constituted a majority. My parents both worked hard and me and my brother wanted for nothing.

When I went to grammar school (Xaverian) I experienced the kind of snobbery that's always existed towards the white working class. Fortunately I didn't give a fuck then and I don,'t give a fuck now. It's human nature. There will always be prejudiced snobs wherever you go.

Interesting how the thread on the Southport stabbings has 69 pages yet the stabbings in Gorton, Manchester reaches 2 full pages and 3 comments on page 3 (including this).

Without being callous, possibly the only time in this country in most of our memories that multiple young children have been murdered in an incident, is a lot more ‘interesting’ than what looks like probably a tragic domestic.

Interesting how the thread on the Southport stabbings has 69 pages yet the stabbings in Gorton, Manchester reaches 2 full pages and 3 comments on page 3 (including this).

Most people murderered knew their killer. Southport was a horrendous and callous act that resulted in riots.

This was a terrible domestic tragedy. I know someone who knows the father fighting for his life in hospital. He's a lovely, hardworking guy from a family involved in the local baptist church. It is unbelievable that it could happen to him , his wife and daughter. It's not anything like the usual news of stabbings we read about. It's not in any pattern of crime, it's a crazy, unaccountable one off, as far as I know.

Mad how events like this are now almost seen with a shrug of the shoulders like it's the norm. Until as a country we grow some balls and start treating these criminals as they deserve then this will only get worse. There's no need to try and rehabilitate scum like this. Inject, burn, dispose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.