Gosling

roylefamily said:
Prophet of Doom said:
This is the kind of crap that winds me up. All the posturing from Moyes last year was all for the cameras. Lescott was going......Lescott knew that...Moyes knew that and Kenwright knew that.

Moyes though he would use the situation to his advantage and create the bizarre scenario that developed.

Treating Lescott like a twat - making him train on his own etc. When all along the board had decided to sell weeks before. Thats a measure of the man you have as manager.

Everton have a pair of clowns in the boardroom in Kenwright and Woods, and this contract problem sums them up. That Gwladiatior says they have an owner who is skint. What a ridiculous thing to say - Kenwright owns 25 of the club and is desperate to sell so why would he put in any cash.

The trouble is the club is a basket case. A Life on Mars stadium with a racist support, all really appealling to a foreign billionare.

and I don't mind Wembley .. ( it's in London by the way) ,but GP does me fine thanks !

i have said this before about you lot but coming second best wins you fook all so im not so sure what you are proud of!

Bluemoon115 said:
Jealousy is a horrible thing.

Correct - and do Everton fans think that if they were in the same position as us they would win the league in the 1st or 2nd season ? I think not.

We have had one full season (if you include transfer windows) with the money and look how we have progressed...

Give us 3 or 4 seasons - if then we have not won anything then I accept that argument.

richards30 said:
open a tin of beans in your council flat and stay on your own fuckin forum!!!!

Now then that's just mean don't send the poor lad back there, they've got so little to talk about it must read like the opening Act of Waiting For Godot..

Scene: Two dustbins side by side in a wilderness, two ragged men appear from within.

'We won the cup once'.
'Did we?'
'Shall I tell you about it?'
'No, don't speak'
'And the League'
'What are we doing now?'
'Waiting for money'
'Oh'

Prophet of Doom said:
This is the kind of crap that winds me up. All the posturing from Moyes last year was all for the cameras. Lescott was going......Lescott knew that...Moyes knew that and Kenwright knew that.

Moyes though he would use the situation to his advantage
and create the bizarre scenario that developed.

Treating Lescott like a twat - making him train on his own etc. When all along the board had decided to sell weeks before. Thats a measure of the man you have as manager.

Everton have a pair of clowns in the boardroom in Kenwright and Woods, and this contract problem sums them up. That Gwladiatior says they have an owner who is skint. What a ridiculous thing to say - Kenwright owns 25 of the club and is desperate to sell so why would he put in any cash.

The trouble is the club is a basket case. A Life on Mars stadium with a racist support, all really appealling to a foreign billionare.

1) Never argued against that, I'd imagine that they knew he'd go as soon as you made your first bid. Moyes didn't create any bizarre situation, he just tried to get the highest price possible as any manager would. You'd understand if you were on the other side, if your key players are going to leave you want as much as possible, it's naive to think we should have just accepted your first bid.

2) I agree with that too, Lescott wasn't treated well and that's were Moyes deserves stick, which I have freely admitted on this forum several times in the past.

3) Kenwright isn't desperate to sell, he's desperate for 'investment', anyone who has ever been interested in a take-over has been turned away, just ask Randy Lerner. We are probably the only top 10 premier league sides who has a net spend of close to zero yet is still in debt.

4) What a pathetic mis-guided statement, every club has it's idiots, we have our share, so do you.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm --<br /><br />
Bluemoon115 said:

As I've said, of course I'm jealous, I'd bet most clubs in the world are jealous of your spending power.

Gwladiator said:
Prophet of Doom said:

Moyes though he would use the situation to his advantage
and create the bizarre scenario that developed.

1) Never argued against that, I'd imagine that they knew he'd go as soon as you made your first bid. Moyes didn't create any bizarre situation, he just tried to get the highest price possible as any manager would. You'd understand if you were on the other side, if your key players are going to leave you want as much as possible, it's naive to think we should have just accepted your first bid.

2) I agree with that too, Lescott wasn't treated well and that's were Moyes deserves stick, which I have freely admitted on this forum several times in the past.

3) Kenwright isn't desperate to sell, he's desperate for 'investment', anyone who has ever been interested in a take-over has been turned away, just ask Randy Lerner. We are probably the only top 10 premier league sides who has a net spend of close to zero yet is still in debt.

4) What a pathetic mis-guided statement, every club has it's idiots, we have our share, so do you.

-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm --

Bluemoon115 said:

As I've said, of course I'm jealous, I'd bet most clubs in the world are jealous of your spending power.

agreed

I thought this topic was about Gosling you argumentative bastards..Knock it on the head ay? Nothing we haven't heard a thousand times already anyway.

Everton clearly played this one out shrewdly, if they wanted the lad to sign, they'd have offered him a written contract, their not soft, they have one of the best youth setups going along with Leeds and Villa. Maybe that cruciate ligament damage is worse than expected, or maybe they signed both gosling and rodwell expecting one to come good and one not.. The answer is clear now who came good. I think Gosling was surplus and if he re-signed then fine they have squad player if he doesn't it's 15k or whatever back in kenwrights champage kitty, i mean wage kitty.

Still think Gosling is quite a big risk. Hes done nothing and been injured for 2 seasons from what I can tell. Lots of promise but hes done his cruciate (Which finishes or ruins many a player) and wont be fit to play for at least 3 or 4 months.

Everton reply on players like him comming good so they can sell for lots of money - that is basically how they operate and continue to survive. So its bad for them when this happens, hes made it clear he is a mercenary and an injury prone one at that, like I said I think hes a big risk for a club like Bolton. Not so much for a West Ham / Newcastle with decent fan base and turnover.

eppursimuove said:
I thought this topic was about Gosling you argumentative bastards..Knock it on the head ay? Nothing we haven't heard a thousand times already anyway.

Everton clearly played this one out shrewdly, if they wanted the lad to sign, they'd have offered him a written contract, their not soft, they have one of the best youth setups going along with Leeds and Villa. Maybe that cruciate ligament damage is worse than expected, or maybe they signed both gosling and rodwell expecting one to come good and one not.. The answer is clear now who came good. I think Gosling was surplus and if he re-signed then fine they have squad player if he doesn't it's 15k or whatever back in kenwrights champage kitty, i mean wage kitty.

Rodwell is a product of our academy, Gosling has only been here for a little over 2 years from Plymouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.