Gove

I've not seen the daily mail article but my own antidotal experience suggests it is total bollocks. My
youngest is often coming home from primary school saying "do you know what this means?" which I don't but just before I wimper off into the corner I remind myself she can't drive so I win because driving is ace.

The internet provides so much instant knowledge, and our kids with their sponge like brains are tech savvy, it only really needs their imaginations/interests to be sparked and away they go.

urmston said:
Seems OK to me.

Anyone who gets on the wrong side of the incompetent educational establishment can't be that bad.

That establishment oversaw the handing out of GCSEs like smarties to nearly all kids. The pass rate rocketed. New noddy subjects were dreamt up. And those in the education industry then claimed that this staggering success was due to their wonderful teaching.

Meanwhile employers complained that school leavers can barely read or write and their maths skills are poor.

Gove is aiming to fix this dreadful situation.

Sooooo I will send you some of my daughters GCSE maths and physics test papers for you to try. Cos I'll tell you what M8 I can't do them and I'm not thick

i agree that there are some daft subjects popping up which need to go but the core subjects are still tough.

As for Gove he's nothing but a twunt who's never been near a comprehensive school having been privately educated since the age of 5

It's not a recent article as such. It's an agenda the right wing press have had for years. Kids are scum, kids are thick, teachers are lazy scrounging scum bags. Etc

This is because bad news sells and picking on kids is easy, much like when they went to school where the less fortunate kids were humiliated, beaten and put down, before being cast on to the scrap heap by selective education. It's what the right wing press look back as the good old days....... Unfortunately for them and their Victorian values, MANY teachers see the good in kids and not the bad. Also, many teachers are those kids only positive role models as the kids parents who were themselves let down and cast aside at school, are incapable of bringing kids up effectively!

If you tell someone they are worthless enough, don't be surprised when they live up to that label!

Rascal said:
TGR said:
Gove is the exact caricature of a public shool educated, Tory 'toff' MP.
I am a child of Thatcher (and damn proud of it I may add!)
but Gove is a step to far.
How anyone can be proud of that is just beyond me. She was a fucking evil **** of a woman and as much as I dislike Gove he comes nowhere near that horrible witch

Me mam, my dad, my sister and pretty much every single human being I know agrees with that post. Especially Old Tom from the George.

I may well be wrong. But despite the fact he has the arrogance of the toffs, the unfailing personal belief in his own ability like the toffs the inbuilt right to govern like the toffs, the slightly camp, wimpy nature of the toffs and the lack of empathy to anyone who can't help his rise to the top of the toffs..... He isn't actually a toff. I think he went to a reasonably normal school, unlike the rest of the cabinet who were all privately educated and raised to naturally assume power before transferring public money into private hands under the cloak of austerity!

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
urmston said:
Seems OK to me.

Anyone who gets on the wrong side of the incompetent educational establishment can't be that bad.

That establishment oversaw the handing out of GCSEs like smarties to nearly all kids. The pass rate rocketed. New noddy subjects were dreamt up. And those in the education industry then claimed that this staggering success was due to their wonderful teaching.

Meanwhile employers complained that school leavers can barely read or write and their maths skills are poor.

Sooooo I will send you some of my daughters GCSE maths and physics test papers for you to try. Cos I'll tell you what M8 I can't do them and I'm not thick

i agree that there are some daft subjects popping up which need to go but the core subjects are still tough.

As for Gove he's nothing but a twunt who's never been near a comprehensive school having been privately educated since the age of 5

Sorry to tell you this fella but if you can't do a GCSE maths paper then you are thick!

I've got 2 daughters, eldest is 9 and youngest is 3. Both are very sweet. Once my youngest hit the sack the other week, my eldest wanted to watch something. What shall I look for?? "Type in alien documentary Daddy, there's a really good one a few results down"

Kids will always show initiative, unlike career politicians like you gove, so fuck you and the horse you rode in on you ****.

urmston said:
Seems OK to me.

Amazing how every one is a fucking expert on education history.
This is such misinformed drivel it beggars belief.
Everything wrong with education in this country is a direct result of decades of educational mandarins at Whitehall and their persistent meddling.
Gove has taken uninformed meddling to new heights.

brass neck said:
I may well be wrong. But despite the fact he has the arrogance of the toffs, the unfailing personal belief in his own ability like the toffs the inbuilt right to govern like the toffs, the slightly camp, wimpy nature of the toffs and the lack of empathy to anyone who can't help his rise to the top of the toffs..... He isn't actually a toff. I think he went to a reasonably normal school, unlike the rest of the cabinet who were all privately educated and raised to naturally assume power before transferring public money into private hands under the cloak of austerity!

You are wrong.
Completely.
Gove went here

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gordon%2527s_College" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gor ... 7s_College</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.