Grand Theft Auto 5

just finished the story (took my time, can tell I didn't get into it much eh?), one of the rarer breed who aren't fussed about venturing online, quite dissappointed really, yes it looks great but I never felt engaged with the story, didn't care about the characters and the plot threads just seemed to come and go, at the end going round killing the main 5 baddies as easily as I had 1,000 cops before, just didn't care about doing any of them in, at least in GTA IV at the end there was some connection, despite how dull that game was.

Not enough missions, not enough depth to them, not difficult enough, all the extras were fads really and I still would like more interactivity. Interested to see how Alien: Isolation plays out with an "intelligent" Alien, because I don't see why in the future in GTA you can't interact with all AI characters, who are created from a detailed list of criteria, and therefore be able to create in-game missions, interactive features etc. I also still think you should be able to blow stuff up and it have a lasting effect, and I don't think the game manages to tie ends up properly, the story's poor imo, and I also think the cops, even if they lose sight of you, should still be on the look out for you if you're not smart enough to change vehicle/clothes/appearance etc.

I want to be able to talk to every character, enter every building, interact in every building and blow up every building if I choose, and suffer the consequences, the game should actively adapt to the character's actions and this is what I hope comes from games like Alien: Isolation, and Rockstar take note and bulk up the substance to go with the style.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
just finished the story (took my time, can tell I didn't get into it much eh?), one of the rarer breed who aren't fussed about venturing online, quite dissappointed really, yes it looks great but I never felt engaged with the story, didn't care about the characters and the plot threads just seemed to come and go, at the end going round killing the main 5 baddies as easily as I had 1,000 cops before, just didn't care about doing any of them in, at least in GTA IV at the end there was some connection, despite how dull that game was.

Not enough missions, not enough depth to them, not difficult enough, all the extras were fads really and I still would like more interactivity. Interested to see how Alien: Isolation plays out with an "intelligent" Alien, because I don't see why in the future in GTA you can't interact with all AI characters, who are created from a detailed list of criteria, and therefore be able to create in-game missions, interactive features etc. I also still think you should be able to blow stuff up and it have a lasting effect, and I don't think the game manages to tie ends up properly, the story's poor imo, and I also think the cops, even if they lose sight of you, should still be on the look out for you if you're not smart enough to change vehicle/clothes/appearance etc.

I want to be able to talk to every character, enter every building, interact in every building and blow up every building if I choose, and suffer the consequences, the game should actively adapt to the character's actions and this is what I hope comes from games like Alien: Isolation, and Rockstar take note and bulk up the substance to go with the style.

It annoys me because I think they spent so much time working online they totally disregarded the actual game missions. I know a lot of people prefer online gaming these days but surely GTA is one where the story is the most important? Definitely wont be buying it for PS4

JoeMercer'sWay said:

I agree as a whole... But your suggestion of being able to enter every building, blow up every building etc while admirable isn't going to happen in a very long time. Unless either the city is made far smaller or the the time to make the game goes up to like a decade.

rickmcfc said:
Well I think its a brilliant game. You do realise that this game originally, was destined for the PS4, and this is only a cut down version for the PS3, which is why lots of things don't actually work?

it's not an excuse, it's not a case of things not working, just not enough attention to detail or meaningful depth in the story and offline mode.

I hope they make a breakthrough with GTA 6, as other games are starting to do more interesting things than what Rockstar produce.

might have to get this again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/g ... erspective</a>

Stato said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/g ... erspective</a>
Was just thinking that myself, luckily the child is getting a ps4 for Christmas haha, just watched the video for it, looks fantastic

Drog_Town_Punk said:
Stato said:

Was just thinking that myself, luckily the child is getting a ps4 for Christmas haha, just watched the video for it, looks fantastic

Agree. Gives it a whole new perspective (no pun) never really liked the character on screen thing unless it's over the shoulder, ala Dead Space and more recent, The Evil Within, which is excellent by the way.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
not convinced, GTA's a 3P game by nature, could just turn into any 1PS if they're not careful, they've had a year, I'd rather they'd beefed out the story and interactivity 2bh...

I don't think anything they could realistically do, would impress you tbh.

Not even having this song in the game:

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/4fndeDfaWCg</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.