Grappling at corners - my solutions

Prestwich_Blue

Ridiculous today early on in the game from Semedo but the ref can't give a penalty as the ball isn't in play. We see this all the time so I've two possible solutions.

The first is to extend the six yard line across the whole penalty area and use that to keep attackers and defenders apart, with attackers not allowed inside the line and defenders not allowed forward of the line. Or maybe no more than two defenders allowed. As a corner is supposed to be advantageous to the attacking team, that gives them the advantage and stops the grappling.

The other solution is to sin-bin any offending players for a short time after the corner is taken. Send them off the field for a minute after the corner has been taken.

Ridiculous today early on in the game from Semedo but the ref can't give a penalty as the ball isn't in play. We see this all the time so I've two possible solutions.

The first is to extend the six yard line across the whole penalty area and use that to keep attackers and defenders apart, with attackers not allowed inside the line and defenders not allowed forward of the line. Or maybe no more than two defenders allowed. As a corner is supposed to be advantageous to the attacking team, that gives them the advantage and stops the grappling.

The other solution is to sin-bin any offending players for a short time after the corner is taken. Send them off the field for a minute after the corner has been taken.
Or maybe change the rules for corners ie penalty can be awarded if defenders foul attackers by stopping them from running - or as with Stones, pulling the attacker down.

It might work but me thinks the FA, PL and Referees have trouble coping with the laws we already have.

Good ideas. A better one would be leave it as it is but the ref gets a grip (not literally) and starts making a foul the equivalent of a foul wherever it’s committed on the pitch.

Semedo was given an obvious warning from the ref that he'd done it twice now, a third one would end up in a yellow. I can't see any need to make it more complicated, I have enough problems understanding the offside rule right now.

Just need to change the rules to allow players to be booked for a foul when the ball isn't in play.
A player can be booked at anytime they are on the pitch - or off it (subs, managers too) - remember Barton getting sent off v Spurs on his way back to the tunnel at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.