Grappling at corners - my solutions

The rules are already there to clean all this up and this is where VAR could actually be useful. There is no way the referee can watch everything that happens during a corner, for example. So let VAR call it, for Christ's sake.

If they intervened when there was any serious holding/blocking with a penalty or disallowed goal it would soon be cut out, in the way the worst of diving has been. That they don't do it, I suppose, means that it must serve some purpose.

In my view, it's all a result of this "higher bar for physical contact" bullshit (and we all know that was introduced to stop Haaland, it was even trialled at the end of his first season) combined with the "increased weight given to on-field decision" directive (useless when the referee can't possibly see everything). Just help the fucking referee to do his job already

Three cheers to VAR for cutting out obvious diving, three boos for just letting the diving be replaced with obviously organised and coached holding/blocking. Which is just as beneficial and much less risky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.