Great Article In The Independent ( A must read) The truth!

Sounds plausible but am I missing something here, why then didn't we just make him a cash offer?
Are we actually saying then that Kaka's advisors are thick?

I think, like me, U R missing the point.

I had been under the impression that we were going to splash the cash to get in contention as quickly as possible. But I now realise a constant theme of Cookihnos has been all this 'Vision' and 'Project' palaver. It would appear we are attempting to make a global brand out of MCFC on sound business principals. In that context, Cookinhos approach in the fabled room 315 makes total sense. Having Kaka as part of that makes total sense.

Of course, there is one small problem with the plan. It is total bollocks. However, Cookihnos attempted execution of the transfer dealing in that context makes perfect sense. This just makes him wrong, rather than a buffoon- which are different things.

To be honest, I can't recall where I became convinced that the 'Vision' was about splashing the cash. No-one at the club has really said that since that barking lunatic on last deadline day.

So that must mean we are paying transfer fees based on a sound business case. Excellent.

Like I said in a previous post, their all loved up over there now, but the truth is Berlusconi and Kaka have had an affair with City and eventually betrayal will raise its ugly head and Kaka and Belusconi will get it in the neck from the fans...Hopefully that is when we will return to pick up the bits....Den Den Derrrrrr!!!

Blue2112 said:
Sounds plausible but am I missing something here, why then didn't we just make him a cash offer?

Thats my feeling too. If we want to buy a player and they are interested in the cash offer, who are we to tell them that we know better and we need to talk about their image rights opportunities.

der-bomber said:
Berlusconi has done us up like a kipper...

He thinks he's got away with it...But their very passionate people are the Italians and eventually they will turn on him or Kaka or both!! It all depends on performances and form, but it isn't over yet and we need to keep an eye on things to see if theirs anything we can do to (should we say) help Mwhahahahahahah!!!

Blue2112 said:

What cash offer did you have in mind? There were shared contracts between Milan & Kaka's image rights etc. - how much were these contracts worth to Kaka? Could we then go & leverage those same (assumed) contracts & create more value which would therefore reduce the amount of money Kaka would need to receive from us? Was it even plausible to do so?Everyone was saying from the beginning that this was a highly complex deal because of what was involved &, to answer your second question, Kaka sent an engineer (who happened to be his father) to negotiate them having very limited experience. City sent 3 lawyers & an expert in the negotiation of image rights who happened to have managed them for a global sports figure who is bigger than Kaka. Cook said that he was "unsophisticated & unprofessional". Let me know if you require any further help to work it out.

CBlue said:
What cash offer did you have in mind? There were shared contracts between Milan & Kaka's image rights etc. - how much were these contracts worth to Kaka? Could we then go & leverage those same (assumed) contracts & create more value which would therefore reduce the amount of money Kaka would need to receive from us? Was it even plausible to do so?Everyone was saying from the beginning that this was a highly complex deal because of what was involved &, to answer your second question, Kaka sent an engineer (who happened to be his father) to negotiate them having very limited experience. City sent 3 lawyers & an expert in the negotiation of image rights who happened to have managed them for a global sports figure who is bigger than Kaka. Cook said that he was "unsophisticated & unprofessional". Let me know if you require any further help to work it out.

His commercial agreements are his responsibility. If they wanted a cash offer, then thats their business. And if they don't want to use lawyers then thats their business.

Seems to me like we thought we knew better than them, a touch arrogant if you ask me.

moomba said:
CBlue said:

His commercial agreements are his responsibility. If they wanted a cash offer, then thats their business. And if they don't want to use lawyers then thats their business.

Seems to me like we thought we knew better than them, a touch arrogant if you ask me.

His commercial agreements were also tied in to Milan - we would be assuming some of these. He had agreements with Adidas (Milan's kit supplier) - what were his responsibilities? Could he be pictured wearing our LCS shirt on the OS for example? What were City's chances of exploiting the Kaka brand? We would also need to know if these contracts would negatively impact on Manchester City FC for example.

Sure, they didn't have to use lawyers to negotiate a legal contract - they could have used an a engineer. Much the same as you could use a mechanic for a heart bypass or you could have used a monkey to type your response - it would probably have been a lot better thought out.

We weren't signing Darius Vassell - we were allegedly spending 100 million pounds plus running costs on 1 player - a deal of this magnitude had never been contemplated before in football. If that was your money what would you have done? It's fucking common sense isn't it? Or do I live in some parallel universe?

I've heard some fucking stupid arguments in my time but this is right up there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.