Great MEN Article to Shut up all the Rags

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Big Swifty said:
I don't call it nit-picking. England might have a boring football team and an ineffectual cricket team, but we have a language worth preserving, a tool for exact and imaginative expression.
Well said mate.

^^^
Wot e sed.
mate, innit.

oakiecokie said:
Big Swifty said:
Well done Cibaman. It should indeed be "fewer". When the Mrs takes me to the supermarket to push the trolley, I always point out to staff that it should read "10 Items or Fewer", not "10 items or Less". Less refers to quantity, not number.

I don't call it nit-picking. England might have a boring football team and an ineffectual cricket team, but we have a language worth preserving, a tool for exact and imaginative expression.

I think standards should be maintained at all times.

WOW !!! Where have all these fucking "grammar" policemen appeared from all of a sudden ?
It amuses me that you put grammar, and only grammar, in quotation marks :-)

oakiecokie said:
Big Swifty said:
Well done Cibaman. It should indeed be "fewer". When the Mrs takes me to the supermarket to push the trolley, I always point out to staff that it should read "10 Items or Fewer", not "10 items or Less". Less refers to quantity, not number.

WOW !!! Where have all these fucking "grammar" policemen appeared from all of a sudden ?
Unnecessary quoting of grammar, use of multiple exclamation marks and superfluous spaces would suggest standards are plummeting at an alarming rate. I won't even mention my own mistakes.

Quick to vilify, only fair I praise this one. Great piece Stuart.

cibaman said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stuart-brennan-manuel-pellegrini-best-6899957

We've used "less players" than the other title challengers.

Shouldn't it be "fewer players"?

Spot on - Manchester City ruining football reporting since 2008. But those "less players" have undoubtedly scored a bigger "amount of goals!!!!<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:44 am --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
theres only one carlito said:
Good read. Im not going to blow smoke up his arse though, its about feckin time he and his colleagues did their job properly. Also keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He reminds me of a snake in the grass. Ill need a little more proof than this article to change my train of thought on this paper and its "journalists"

Thats something you can`t complain about !! SB does more than that and has been far more professional than most of his colleagues.But then again how would you know that if you don`t read it.Strange person !!!

-- Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 am --

cibaman said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stuart-brennan-manuel-pellegrini-best-6899957

Fuck me talk about nit picking !!!

Shouldn't there be a "," between "me" and "talk"?

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
cibaman said:

Spot on - Manchester City ruining football reporting since 2008. But those "less players" have undoubtedly scored a bigger "amount of goals!!!!

-- Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:44 am --

oakiecokie said:
Good read. Im not going to blow smoke up his arse though, its about feckin time he and his colleagues did their job properly. Also keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He reminds me of a snake in the grass. Ill need a little more proof than this article to change my train of thought on this paper and its "journalists"

Thats something you can`t complain about !! SB does more than that and has been far more professional than most of his colleagues.But then again how would you know that if you don`t read it.Strange person !!!

cibaman said:

Shouldn't there be a "," between "me" and "talk"?

Oi,behave. ;)<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:39 am --<br /><br />
EricBrooksGhost said:
oakiecokie said:
Big Swifty said:

Unnecessary quoting of grammar, use of multiple exclamation marks and superfluous spaces would suggest standards are plummeting at an alarming rate. I won't even mention my own mistakes.

I blame the education standards from the 1960`s.Well that`s my excuse.

I thought I might provoke a reaction with my post but decided to test my resolve before venturing onto one of the Pellegrini / Mancini threads. I've decided I'm probably not ready yet.

oakiecokie said:

cibaman said:

"People are strange when your a stranger"
Anyhow oakiecokie. I don't read the paper or its website. I don't need to when its on here every other day. Kind people copy and paste and i read,just to see if they have took their heads out of their bottoms long enough to knock their red tinted glasses off. After all its not called the MUEN for nothing. Also haven't we had their journo's on here defending the articles they have penned? Or am i making that up to. Maybe i am strange? Or maybe your stranger?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.