Great old video.

I used to love going to games then as much as I do now. Nothing’s changed, we just play better footy, win more games and lift some pots and pans come the end of the season.

But what does all that mean really? Being a football fan isn’t just about trophies, if it was, the entire country would just support a handful of clubs and nobody would ever have turned up to watch City at the time of the video in the OP.

It’s like now, we’ve just won three trophies in one season, and while the celebrations for that were great at the time, they’re over now, they’re just a memory from the past. We start from scratch again, we won those trophies last season and that’s been and gone, and all I have this morning as I wake up as the new season gets underway this weekend is the fact I’m a City fan just like I was in 1998.

I used to love going to games then as much as I do now. Nothing’s changed, we just play better footy, win more games and lift some pots and pans come the end of the season.

But what does all that mean really? Being a football fan isn’t just about trophies, if it was, the entire country would just support a handful of clubs and nobody would ever have turned up to watch City at the time of the video in the OP.

It’s like now, we’ve just won three trophies in one season, and while the celebrations for that were great at the time, they’re over now, they’re just a memory from the past. We start from scratch again, we won those trophies last season and that’s been and gone, and all I have this morning as I wake up as the new season gets underway this weekend is the fact I’m a City fan just like I was in 1998.
Agree. Though era brings its ups and downs. Because back then it was tough at times but it was simpler too - you were a City fan because you were one. Now we're so successful it's almost like you have to justify it. I'm so proud of how we've prevailed, but I miss not feeling like I have to justify it. And it's still an emotional rollercoaster, but now a different one. Gone straight from the euphoria of Rodri's goal, the disbelief at how far we travelled, to feeling flat about the season ahead because now we've done it. Only now getting excited. Natural state of a City fan, or any fan, manic depressive and we love it - still all about the match though, whatever the outcome.

I took my 16 year old daughter through this thread this morning

I am delighted for her - being a blue and only seeing success - but I had great times all those years of winning fuck all as well. There is more to CITY fans that the entitled dickheads that 'follow' the red shirts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.