Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

I'm not sure the club is too fussed with supporters being criticised for attendances, wouldn't even be shocked if they were encouraging it behind the scenes.

Maybe they think we can be shamed into buying more tickets/spending more money.
Sadly I am starting to believe what you have just said.

Pep is no idiot, what was said was planned for me.

And I have never had time for Ferran, he clearly does not understand us as fans.

good article
It's not a good article. It's written to have people questioning Pep and the club as a whole. It actually exonerates the media from the "plastics" and "oil club" jibes.
We should not fall for this shit like Kevin Parker did. The agenda has been clear ever since Pep came which was to get him out because of what he might do (i.e dominate the red clubs). Now the countdown is on to the end of his contract the media and the rest see the chance to get him out.

As for City fans - don't let us shoot ourselves in the foot. We don't normally go after managers, we tend to suck it up and see but if fans want to slag off Pep then do it for football reasons not by saying "he isn't one of us/doesn't get us/has no bond with the fans" whilst paying £60 for your ticket having spent days on the phone, drinking overpriced pisswater etc.

The way I see it Marvin was Pep was trying to fire up the fans a bit for the Southampton game and Kevin thought he was defending the fans. It’s got a bit out of hand but both parties were probably well intentioned.

You seem to be of the opinion that members of the OSC don’t have the rights to freedom of speech as other fans. You misinformed this forum yesterday that this wasn’t a media story until the Kevin Parker interview. Social media was rife with anti City jibes after Pep volunteered his comments about fans. It was also across the media including Talkshite. I ignored your comment then but you’ve made it again so I’ve replied.

Btw The empty seats stuff is water off a ducks arse to me but I can see why some Blues get frustrated.

My biggest issue with what Pep said is that he said it in the middle of the ticketing fiasco, his words would have been better aimed at the club who caused this to happen, many many people tried to buy tickets but failed even though there were tickets available.

If Pep would have stated that he is going to try to sort out the club caused bottleneck he would have gotten fans on his side, if he didn't know about the problems then he should have known.

I tried 3 times to get tickets and failed miserably on each occasion, fans can't turn up if the bloody club wont sell them tickets ;)

Nothings changed. Those who have not stopped whinging since Pep said what he said will think its a good article whilst those of us who didn't jump to conclusions and think Pep was slagging the fans off will think its an unnecessary load of bollocks that's only serving to drag the issue out.

I truly, madly, deeply believe that the story of the two men Mr Guardiola and Mr Parker has not only run its course now but it has also become extremely boring!
Personally I think that both men could be going through the male time of life and need to be consoled and given a big hug and told to go and play with their man toys!!!
;-) :-)

I'd love to know the (real) reasoning behind that comment, and the actual need to put it there in the first place ?
It's been happening at newspapers like The Independent for a few years. Newsrooms have been slashed, articles are outsourced but don't pay much or anything, then they aren't edited. You put a warning up to indicate that.

Thought I would go on the link using my iPhone. What a load of crap the MUEN is. Has somebody has already stated the amount of adverts that pop up whilst scrolling down to read the article then jumps back up to the begging then when I scroll down bang u have adverts everywhere. Deleted the app for this year’s ago because it was incessant.
I got halfway through the MEN piece and gave up. More trouble than it’s worth.

I think Pep has pulled a triple Clarkie with the comments he made and it may yet prove to be his best but of management yet.

He has highlighted the ticket problem without mentioning the club by stating he would like a full house. Fans are up in arms and raising the issues all over the place and the club will have to deal with it.

The team will row in behind the manager and close ranks hopefully making a tight knit group.

When we eventually get people into the ground they’ll be angry and make noise. Noise makes atmosphere. Atmosphere makes a fortress. Everyone’s a winner.

Masterful Pep.

Or it could all be bollox.

Last edited:
Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.
I was genuinely flabbergasted by the -fans voice- comments. Naive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.