Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

I genuinely couldnt give less of a shit what united fans say, the article is bang on, we should be able to stand up for what we believe and not just roll over and have our tummies tickled because our manager happens to be the best ever (I dont particularly think he was criticising the fans either) the article says so much more than you're implying
It's a blatant attempt to tap into a City perspective whilst criticising Pep. None of us need to know anything about League One. The MEN is part of Reach plc and have shown their colours time and again. All they are interested in is selling news and this article criticises Pep whilst trying to be sympathetic to City fans.

What a refreshing change
Need more stuff from.people like him
Pity I ain't a clue how to post the link but it well worth a read
I take it then you also think Pep was having a pop at City fans? As fans of MCFC we endlessly talk about attendances and the atmosphere. Pep was commenting on the same vein. He wants everything associated with City to be better.

I've criticised him loads of times about his teams e.g., Chelsea. Trying to claim as some have done that he is having a go at City's fans requires extraordinary levels of perception and paranoia if you read his words. And such people have opened the doors now to sustained criticism of City fans.

I'd love to know the (real) reasoning behind that comment, and the actual need to put it there in the first place ?
It'll be to cover themselves legally because they're the publisher and can't be arsed proof-reading it and checking it for libellous statements. Dominic has written a good piece but it's just part of a gimmick to win back City fans to the paper that have left in droves because it is too part of the problem - too many rags on the payroll.

Does anybody have the actual attendance figure for lst Wednesday (Leipzig)? The figure supposedly was some 38k, stated by UEFA and most media sources, apart from the DM which published 45k. As someone who was at the game that latter figure seems far more realistic, as I didn't get the impression that the stadium was at some 60% capacity, i.e. 15k empty seats. Can anyone explain the variance in figures?

Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.
Sorry Marvin but I think you’ve got a bit carried way with this one. It’s better people move on and get behind the team.

Really really good article, sums up my thoughts exactly, if I was as literate as Dom obviously is

By literate you mean the ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth?

The article is garbage, it takes a false premise, goes off at a tangent, sprinkles in irrelevant bullshit and comes to a spurious conclusion.

Otherwise it's spot on.

Reactions: DJ1
Does anybody have the actual attendance figure for lst Wednesday (Leipzig)? The figure supposedly was some 38k, stated by UEFA and most media sources, apart from the DM which published 45k. As someone who was at the game that latter figure seems far more realistic, as I didn't get the impression that the stadium was at some 60% capacity, i.e. 15k empty seats. Can anyone explain the variance in figures?
The BBC and I think UEFA carried 38,062. It seemed way out to me as the lower tiers were packed and the only empty seats I could see were in the corners of top tier of SS3 and WL3.

Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.
Yet it is ok for the manager to open us up to criticism? And first? And when not asked specifically about the crowd? And live on national television?

Apply the same logic to both people.

Anyway, KP has more right to talk about City fans because he is one and has been for decades. Despite his claims, PG is not “one of us”. He supports barcelona.

I quite enjoyed the article. Not often I say that about the MuEN.

I thought it was a good article. I thought both men should have kept their gobs shut as it was only going to play out one way in our media. Pep could have been a great deal more graceful in 'clarifying' what he said and an explicit threat to 'step aside' was uncalled for and extremely petty I thought. One thing from the episode was clear as day and that is Pep doesn't have a clue about the extremely poor set of circumstances inflicted on the match day fan this season. If he had he wouldn't have made those comments.

Whatever it is thats eating him just now, he needs to get it out of his system pronto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.