Greatest football match you have ever watched?

A few years ago on a blank weekend for City, Chadderton 6 Skemersdale 4.

Chadd were 4-0 down with 35 mins to go and scored a goal that was so far offside the linesman missed it. The ref looked at him and must have thought ah well it's not going to change anything...... and gave the goal.

It was on the back page of the MEN as the main story.

EURO 96: England Vs Scotland - Gazza wonder goal, showing he still had 'it'. The day English patriotism took off. Since that tournament no more Union Jakcs at England matches.

EURO 96: England Vs Holland: Even the Dutch said afterwards England were playing Total football.

In fact Euro 96 as a whole. Cos since then we've gone downhill!!

Liverpool Vs AC Milan Champions League Final

Tottenham 3 - 1 Inter Milan (this season Champions League)

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid.

Usually, I'd question anyone who put down someone hammering an opponent as greatest football match ever watched, however this was a one off and something I doubt I'll see many times in my lifetime. A Barcelona team completely out playing, dominating from start to finish with the most beautiful football and beautiful players you are ever likely to see play against a world class Real Madrid side with arguably one of the greatest coaches of all time, a manager who has never took such a defeat in his life time.

It was absolutely unbelievable.

Apart from that, Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan was a special game and a special comeback with some great moments.

Also Tottenham 3-4 Man City, great game, great FA Cup tie and remarkable comeback.

de niro said:
ac milan destroyed barca i think 4-0. champions legue.

That was when it was still the European Cup, IIRC. Capello was in charge of Milan and it's considered one of the finest tactical victories of all time. You simply don't steamroll Barca 4-0.

The Liverpool - West Ham Cup final or, randomly, the Conference Play Off Final between Halifax Town and Hereford United for me. It was 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 and then 2-3 in extra time. The Hereford keeper knocked himself out towards the end and all 3 subs had been used. He managed to come round and pull off an amazing save at the end.

Spain 4 Yugoslavia 3
(From Euro 2000. Yugo scored first, then Spain equalised, Yugo took the lead again, Spain equised again, Yugo went 3-2 up on about 88 minutes and Spain were heading out, but Spain scored two in injury time to win 4-3 and Yugo went out.)

Port Vale 3 QPR 4
(Port Vale were 3-0 up with 14 minutes to go and QPR scored 2 in 14 minutes and 2 in 4mins of injury time to win.)

Spurs 3 City 4
(We all know this one. Amamzing!)

Lierpool 1 City 2
(We hadn't won at Anfield for decades and THAT save from Schmeichel ten two from Anelka.)

Barca 3 Real 3
(from about 3 years ago. it had everything about 4 red cards, fantastic football, fantastic goals.)

Barca 5 Real 0
(The best performance by any team ever in this sport we love!)

Germany 1 England 5
(Great England performance and great singing by England fans.)

Real 2 Barcelona 6
(Just pure entertainment.)

Portsmouth 7 Reading 5
(No it wasn't hockey!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.